Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in Thailand ???

Hybrid View

Default Living in Thailand ???

Hi guys I know there has been loads of threads about training Muay Thai in Thailand, I just want to know is it realistic to train there with a budget of 200 per month including training,food and accommodation ??? Just need break for 1 year

no, you won't do it on that budget unless you live like a bum

you could maybe do it on double that depending where you live and where you train

Thanks for responding mate, if I did budget 400 a month would that give good place to train/live/eat ??? I just assumed it's a cheap place to go... Have you been ?

yes if you are thai and live in isaan

400 is getting there, you will have to fight for the gym to get training right down, live in a fan room and just eat thai

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun.R. View Post
    400 is getting there, you will have to fight for the gym to get training right down, live in a fan room and just eat thai
    Hi mate thanks for responding.flights I'm not worried out which is normally 500-600 is it now realistic to spend 400 a month to train/live/eat there ? Have you been there mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Hi mate thanks for responding.flights I'm not worried out which is normally 500-600 is it now realistic to spend 400 a month to train/live/eat there ? Have you been there mate ?
    yes ive been.

for me no, i couldnt live on that. i prob spend a tenner a day just on food. thats eating cheap. 400 will normally get you a month accomadation and a months training in somewhere like phuket, bangko, samui etc.

you can get everything cheaper tho, rooms for about 50-100 a month, fight for the gym and get cheaper or free training. find the right places to eat etc

also depends where you live, chaing mai is cheap, places like isaan are loads cheaper but full thai areas and you will most likely have to learn to speak thai

a thai meal is about 40baht in phuket but 20 in chaingmai and 10 in isaan for example

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    I have lived in thailand for 4 years. I live in one of the more expensive tourist areas. 400 quid a month is plenty to live on. Most westerners who live out here earn about that. If you are not out partying all the time that will be plenty of money. If all you want to do is train that's enough.

If you eat in thai restaurants you will need no more than 1 pound or 1 50 per meal. If you get one of the guys at the gym to help you I am sure they can find you accommodation for 60 pounds a month. It will be one room with separate toilet and a fan only. alot of the thais i know live like that and its fine. 400 per month is comfortable. 200 is gonna be hard.

you can live out there on 400 a month no bother, but it would be really basic and you would have to eat at the camp or local, u wouldnt be able to eat expensively.
    if you fight there u can earn a bit more but not that much, but you would get some training for free!
    i was out for 3 months last year and spent less in 3 months there than 10 days in ibiza, no joke!
    i got by on 25 a week not including training and accomodation.
    you can live well cheaply there, but it depends how u wanna live. its really easy to go out a lot and spend shit loads of money but if your disciplined then its also pretty easy to to not spend money on shit and keep it for food.

all the camps there offer training and accomodation packages that normally include at least breakfast too!
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

To be honest, sounds like you should aim to go for 6 months with a bit more cash? Or you can supplement your cash with teaching english?