Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in Thailand ???

400 i doubt you could do it for that to pay for all those things. Unless your in really remote thailand.

I lived there for a while. I had free place to live only payed for the power which was 400 baht a month cold shower no air con, no kitchen etc... and i got free training.

The only way you could do it for that budget is if you live at the gym with the Thai fighters and get free training in return for fighting. But its cut throat you don't make them money and you will be booted out.

Also Thai baht is very low at the moment 45 baht for 1 pound.

Its all good and well going to Thailand with good intentions of training everyday etc. Living like the Thai fighters do. But seen so many western's come then just end up on the nearest walking street.

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Hi mate thanks for responding.flights I'm not worried out which is normally 500-600 is it now realistic to spend 400 a month to train/live/eat there ? Have you been there mate ?
    I have lived in thailand for 4 years. I live in one of the more expensive tourist areas. 400 quid a month is plenty to live on. Most westerners who live out here earn about that. If you are not out partying all the time that will be plenty of money. If all you want to do is train that's enough.

If you eat in thai restaurants you will need no more than 1 pound or 1 50 per meal. If you get one of the guys at the gym to help you I am sure they can find you accommodation for 60 pounds a month. It will be one room with separate toilet and a fan only. alot of the thais i know live like that and its fine. 400 per month is comfortable. 200 is gonna be hard.

Oh and I should say that if you go to live outside the tourist areas it is MUCH cheaper. However you will struggle as once you get outside the tourist traps no-one really speaks english. there is a missconception that most thais speak english. this is not true at all.... However even in the most tourist orientated areas of thailand there is cheap accomodation but you will probably need a local to help you. sholdnt be a problem

any more questions dont hesitate to ask me :-) caveman diet

yep can deffo live on 400 a month, its not hard at all. just dont go out on the lash all the time and dont spend it on prostitutes
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

I too am planning a trip to thailand

I'm planning on taking about 1500-2000 for the month

this is to cover:

Training for me
    Accomodation for me and the mrs
    Food for me and the mrs
    Equipment for me (boxing gloves, shinnies, etc)
    some touristy stuff for the mrs while I'm training

will 1500-2000 be enough?
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    I too am planning a trip to thailand

I'm planning on taking about 1500-2000 for the month

this is to cover:

Training for me
    Accomodation for me and the mrs
    Food for me and the mrs
    Equipment for me (boxing gloves, shinnies, etc)
    some touristy stuff for the mrs while I'm training

will 1500-2000 be enough?
    2k, Will be plenty.

good stuff

can you give me a measure of rough prices for equipment

I'm looking for Top King gloves, shinpads, maybe a set of thai pads and a few pairs of shorts
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

good stuff

I'm looking for Top King gloves, shinpads, maybe a set of thai pads and a few pairs of shorts

go to the top king shop at lumpinee. its only open on fight days though.

top king gloves are about 1500baht, shorts 700-1200baht, shinpads about 1500 baht roughly, depends which ones you get.
    also at lumpinee is the twins shop, windy shop and loads of others. you will get everything you need there.
    alternatively there is boon, open every day. shorts range from 300-750 baht, not sure about gloves or shinnys, only ever got shorts from boon!
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

good stuff

You going to Phuket??

If so gloves 1500 baht, Custom Shorts 1200baht, shin gaurds 1500 baht, Thai pads 2500 baht.

If you go into Patong you might be able to knock something off those prices. Mostly Twins equipment in Phuket all though they do have the odd top king.

Try and buy all your stuff in Bangkok, you save a fair wee bitl. If you go to Phuket, see Boyd at phuket fight store. Guys really fair and has a lot of stuff. even dvds to keep you entertained. aw man im choking to go back now lol
    WWW.BRIANHYSLOP.COM Dinky Ninja Fight Team #1