Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in Thailand ???

buiy everything in Bangers as thats where the guys in phuket get it and then add on there bit...

thanks for the advice folks

@Hissy, you should come over with us in august next year mate
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by H1SSY View Post
    Try and buy all your stuff in Bangkok, you save a fair wee bitl. If you go to Phuket, see Boyd at phuket fight store. Guys really fair and has a lot of stuff. even dvds to keep you entertained. aw man im choking to go back now lol
    Oh mate I miss last year Phuket.

See you in December. We can find a beach, make a fire and get Luke to come up to try and drown Xena.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    I too am planning a trip to thailand

I'm planning on taking about 1500-2000 for the month

this is to cover:

Training for me
    Accomodation for me and the mrs
    Food for me and the mrs
    Equipment for me (boxing gloves, shinnies, etc)
    some touristy stuff for the mrs while I'm training

will 1500-2000 be enough?
    Accomodation wise, the place I stayed at 'Family House Bungalows' was more than adequate. Hot water shower, cleaners, queen sized bed, TV, DVD player, free WiFi, large fridge with a family ran restaurant literally outside which does food at a little more than Thai prices rather than farang prices. H1ssy will vouch for that too.

The place is about 5 minutes from TMT and you could talk her down to 10'000 baht a month for rent.

They do moped rentals at 1000 baht a week.

Training wise, you have a choice of TMT, Dragon, Sinbi, Rawai, Elephant, Patong - all either a walk or short moped ride away. Prices vary but expect to pay about 200 for a months training at TMT.

Equipment, go to to Lumpinee. I picked up a set of 'Muay Thai' gloves from the shop inside for 1000 baht and they are as good as any gloves I've ever used. The make 'Muay Thai' is popular and well used within Thailand. No frills and durable.

Touristy stuff, TMT organise things but you can go to snake shows, the zoo, go see lady boys, ping pong shows etc
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

cheers Xanthic
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Yeah Family bungalows are beautiful and the people are really nice. and bear in mind all the accom on the Tiger site is literally walking distance to Dragon and Tiger. Also dont be fooled by the accom with pools and pay more money because there is a cracking spa down the road which works out cheaper.

I know Ste, getting the bug again big time bro. Should prob try Brazil though training wise now as my striking is better than my jits.

Also to answer the first poster, It all depends on how you choose to live out there. 200 is very tight but do-able. 400 a month would be perfect as some months you would spend 300 and if you chose a month to chill out and not train I dare say you could get by on 100 with cheap accom and thai meals etc so try and take enough but dont let money hold you back. just go for it you Sokopot Farang
    WWW.BRIANHYSLOP.COM Dinky Ninja Fight Team #1

i spend about 1000 a month, thats me budgeting! lol

last time i did 6k in 4 months! perhaps i like having fun a bit to much!

i have about 8000 for a 6 month stay, im not expecting to come home with any money

A hooker is 1000 baht a night so make sure you factor this into your budget.

If you want to use a pool there is one at paradise Beach all you have to do is buy a drink at the bar and you can use the pool as long as you like.

Also if your out on your moped if you go anywhere near Chalong Circle wear a helmet as the cops are always there to slap you with a 500baht fine.

My best advise is try all the gym close by and stay with the one you like. There is also a couple of good gyms in Patong.

Promthep Gym has a good set up and some real good trainers there also and a little more quiet. There is also a new one called Baan but wasn;t finished when i left thailand.

i wouldnt live in patong or any nightlife area. it will all end in tears!