Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Living in Thailand ???

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    tyne and wear
    Posts
    11

    Default

    you could do it on less than 400 easy but as everyone else mentioned you will be living cheap,but i for one the first year i went out ( '97) i spent a small fortune doing all the tourist stuff and all sorts of other crap.but after that when i went i went on a shoestring and tried to live like the thai fighters over there and i think its way better and you get more from the experience.it all depends on you, do you want to go to thailand for a holiday or to become a better fighter? the choice is yours.i would download (or buy) a documentary called " a lanna trilogy" which tells you everything you need to know.if its your first time (and youve got nothing keeping you at home) i would try and go for at least 6 months to reap the benefits

  2. #52

    Default

    I found this film very good and quite insightful about Thailand, and about life in general in fact. Highly reccomened: http://www.fightorflight.tv/

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    I am going to Thailand purely to train MT

    I'd love to be able to afford to train with a top class MMA coach but the fact is (as above) its not possible due to the cost

    I figure really good stand up isnt everythign in MMA but it will be useful
    http://www.thehitsquad.com/ . Not as nice as thailand but cheap as hell, and some very good MMA coaches there.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riccosuabe View Post
    you could do it on less than 400 easy but as everyone else mentioned you will be living cheap,but i for one the first year i went out ( '97) i spent a small fortune doing all the tourist stuff and all sorts of other crap.but after that when i went i went on a shoestring and tried to live like the thai fighters over there and i think its way better and you get more from the experience.it all depends on you, do you want to go to thailand for a holiday or to become a better fighter? the choice is yours.i would download (or buy) a documentary called " a lanna trilogy" which tells you everything you need to know.if its your first time (and youve got nothing keeping you at home) i would try and go for at least 6 months to reap the benefits
    i wouldnt bother with lanna trilogy, its well dated.

    id say go and do your own thing. half the fun is discovering everything for yourself. yer get some advice but not follow in others footstep

  5. #55

    Default

    Get your gear at lumpinee stadium and you'll save a bit of cash, just be sure to go on the days that there's a show on as the shops are closed the other days.

    I could'nt find the Boon shop when I was there but apparently it's open everyday and it's near the stadium?
    Join us on facebook!

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJab View Post
    I found this film very good and quite insightful about Thailand, and about life in general in fact. Highly reccomened: http://www.fightorflight.tv/
    Anyone got a link for download not being a gypo but I want to watch it now and it doesn't look like one to pick up in the local video shop.

  7. #57

    Default

    Samui is very cheap at the moment because there was a lot of flooding and not so many tourists. Good training in lamai too.

    organize itunes
    Last edited by caveman diet; 20-11-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: mistake.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caveman diet View Post
    Samui is very cheap at the moment because there was a lot of flooding and not so many tourists. Good training in lamai too.

    organize itunes

    but its a shit hole. worse place i have ever been in thailand.

  9. #59

    Default

    whos gonna be in phuket over the next 6 months then?

  10. #60

    Default

    boon is a short taxi bike from On Nut BTS station..not near to either of the main stadiums

    Raja at Raja Stadium shop is open every day not just fight days...

    Samui is ok, Pattaya is a much bigger shithole - Samui over rated IMO far too much building has gone on a small island...its not the paradise escape you expect as every other man and has dog has the same idea.... Phuket may be commerical (where isnt in thailand these days unless you head north or north east) but at least it has the space and a bit of infrastructure to cope...

    just go an enjoy, dont worry too much, can have a great time with a limited budget and any of the major guidebooks...dont fret too much youll bump into plenty oif other travellers to chat to

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.