Thread: betting on yourself is fine

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default betting on yourself is fine

the way i see it, it's fine to bet on yourself to win.

if you do that in a licensed bout, and you are good enough to control the bout to that degree, then fair fuckin play to you.

what is your opinion on this?

(if you were to bet on yourself to lose then surely your father would be ashamed of you and we do not need to discuss this. clearly it is an abomination.)
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think bet to win thats fine, when you pick the round or score etc then no. As you will try harder to get the KO in that round, and dont forget loads of other bet what round and score etc so its not really fare on them.

But ye if its just the Win then its fine as far as im concerned.

http://www.anacondacombat.com/

Spot fixing is illegal in other sports, should be in boxing too.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

AC makes a good point. maybe betting on yourself to win in a particular round is out of order unless you publicly state that's what you have done to keep the punters aware of your intentions. if you do that, is there a problem?

But like ac said, just betting purely on yourself to win - with no round, or method stated - how could that be out of order?
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 17-11-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Reading it back, jesus, i was being an arsehole
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    AC makes a good point. maybe betting on yourself to win in a particular round is out of order unless you publicly state that's what you have done to keep the punters aware of your intentions. if you do that, is there a problem?

But like ac said, just betting purely on yourself to win - with no round, or method stated - how could that be out of order?
    To be honest, you should be able to bet on yourself to win, and to win in whatever fashion, or round you like. Unless its a massive mismatch trying to win in a particular round may be a big disadvantage to you. You could leave yourself open waiting for a round to arrive, let your opponents confidence build, gas out trying to finish a fight, employ the wrong tactics, take unneccesary punishment. I don't think its as simple as its sounds unless like previoulsy stated its a bit mismatch. The only thing you shouldn't be allowed to do is bet on yourself to lose. Its still a risk to bet on yourself to win and everyone has a game plan anyway, your just limiting your own freedom to impliment adaptive stratergies.
    If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.