Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knee Pads for MMA

Default Knee Pads for MMA

Anyone use them?

I'm having trouble with my knees - due to already having damaged cartilage & new harder mats at the gym not helping.

Can anyone recommend ones they are using?
    The Griphouse

Google fumetsu, they work well for my dodgy old knees.

I have several pairs of simple rogue kneepads. Do a good job and also fine under a gi when grappling.

Note: For actuall MMA competition it's technicaly illegal to wear them as they provide padding. You can wear stuff that supports not pads...not that any UK show would actually pull you up on it.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Inchbyinch View Post
    Note: For actuall MMA competition it's technicaly illegal to wear them as they provide padding. You can wear stuff that supports not pads...not that any UK show would actually pull you up on it.
    cheers! I would only be using them for training anyway.
    The Griphouse

Ideally a pair that didnt move around much? nothing worse than having to keep pulling them up.
    The Griphouse

fumetsu knee pads are the way to go mate

gnp clothing have just launched a pair, i havnt tried them though, so cant comment on how good they are
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

As others have said Fumetsu are great value/quality

if an ulimited budget then go for Brute Torque rassling knee pads!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    fumetsu knee pads are the way to go mate

gnp clothing have just launched a pair, i havnt tried them though, so cant comment on how good they are
    http://cagewarriors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59986

Quality knee pads from GNP
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

I have these:

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT041...Protectors.htm

They're meant for goalkeepers on astroturf pitches, but they're really substantial and seem to grip the leg well. They might start to unroll if you're trying to work your way out of a tight half guard or something but nothing is completely frictionless, there's always going to be a bit of that.

They're the only pair I have had so I can't say for sure, but I really like them. I bought 2 as the Neoprene knee protectors I bought only came as a single unit, so I bought 2, which gave me 4 protectors. I can't even be bothered sending them back, still got them in their packaging and were only used once for about 20 mins when a guy at the gym wanted to try them.

If you think they look alright, or read good things online or anything I could send you my spares for 15 (free p&p)?
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Spotted some on GNP Clothing earlier today that I might get ..... I ninjad Savilles and destroyed them lol