Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combinations/distance

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Hi,

Just make sure that every technique has a purpose...

Best regards,

Smiler
    thanks gary, did some training with tommy b the other week, he said about coming to join in one of your sparring sessions sometime, would be good if could join you accasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post
    But if you notice the guy always takes just a single step back when you attack, next time you step in with the jab and step in again with the right hand. The jab is likely to miss, but the right hand will hit something.
    I did say generally speaking!!!!

Leeroy Barnes
    Pro Fighter

what a crazy question.
    Wolfslair MMA

My instructor taught me that there are 3 types of shot. A feint, a set up shot, and the goodnight kiss. If you're good, your opponent won't know which one's coming til it hits them. You can throw things without necessarily having the intention of them landing to aid you in closing distance etc. Give the guy you're trying to hit something to think about while you move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasmma View Post
    My instructor taught me that there are 3 types of shot. A feint, a set up shot, and the goodnight kiss. If you're good, your opponent won't know which one's coming til it hits them. You can throw things without necessarily having the intention of them landing to aid you in closing distance etc. Give the guy you're trying to hit something to think about while you move in.
    I would often come off the ropes and throw a fast (but low-power) one-two, left hook combo, and follow that up with a proper left hook to the body once his hands were up high. I guess that would be three set-up shots and the body equivalent of a goodnight kiss. Sounds rude.