Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Belts?

I started in July09, I had had some grappling experience as a teenager, but was very much out of shape when I went back training. I trained 3-4 times a week and got mine from Victor in December09.

I got mine in 6 weeks.

However, I did have many years of no gi / MMA and a black belt in Judo.

I think it depends on the coach I have seen some terrible blue belts and some blue belts that could easy be purple

on average ( sand bagging/ holding back, comp results exempt )

12-18 months IMO with CONSISTANT training.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    Just a quick question, roughly how long does it take to reach a blue belt? How many sessions a week would it take to progress steadily?

Am i going to get "how long is a piece of string" answers?

Is it realistic to reach a blue in 6 months - 1 year training 1-2 times a week? if you have a decent grappling knowledge previously?
    10 online from Grab and Pull mate, 2-3 days delivery

Are you sure Aaron and Matt are not putting seeds of thought into your head with their bjj training??
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

LOL no, Aaron hasnt been to BJJ for months he says. Not too sure on Matt. I was just looking at a general bench mark really
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

I am still on white after 23 months.

For the last year I have trained about 3 sometimes 4 times a week and more recently have started having private sessions.

I had a little grappling experience before I started as I did judo as a kid and more recently a green belt in trad JJ.

My wife laughs when I say I am of training, she thinks I am having an affair.

But seriously, I am not in a rush for Blue, I'd rather be a half decent white belt than a below average blue :-)

Quote Originally Posted by seanbrowne View Post
    I am still on white after 23 months.

For the last year I have trained about 3 sometimes 4 times a week and more recently have started having private sessions.

I had a little grappling experience before I started as I did judo as a kid and more recently a green belt in trad JJ.

My wife laughs when I say I am of training, she thinks I am having an affair.

But seriously, I am not in a rush for Blue, I'd rather be a half decent white belt than a below average blue :-)
    you don't get a choice. Besides everyone is a below average blue at some point, It's just some people were a white belt at the time.....

Go to a Royce seminar
    Yo Rashad - do you want fries with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Go to a Royce seminar
    lol think you'll need to go to a few more sessions than a single Royce seminar.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Royce was notorious for giving out blues at seminars. Don't know whether that's still the case.

There is such a gulf between blue belts. At my current club they have a very high bar for blue belts which is way beyond the fundamentals