Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 pound per pound muay thai fighters in the UK

yeah Maz as said that was her first fight, other girl has k1 experience and weighed in 4kg heavier (the day before!) and was super tough as you mention - literally a little mike tyson

only in her last few fights have opponents actually been the same weight - her first and only interclub was vs a girl 10kg heavier !

she'll fight anyone 61 to 64kg - literally. (she is already IKF -63kg English Champion and already stuck for opponents their too! as No 2 is Claire Haigh - one of ours so wont happen - and no 1 is Julie Kitchen)

61 is her best weight and about the lowest she can make - all the girls (well not all but most who can make 59 wont fight her as at 61 they are upper limit and chali will obv rehydrate and be bigger)
    Last edited by Yak; 26-11-2010 at 08:29 AM.

World p4p

almost impossible but basically pick your favourite thais at whatever weight...and they are the top 10....with ease....

Saenchai, Saiyok, Khem, Buakow etc etc

not sure which farangs would make it

Liam maybe, Pinca maybe, Jordan maybe in a bit,

but most of the names (being thais) would mean nothing unless you watch stadium fights from BKK alot.....

craig jose has got to be one of top uk guys

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    1. Liam Harrison
    2.Jordan Watson
    3.Micheal Dicks
    4.Dean James
    5.Gregg Wotton
    6.Andy Howson
    7.Damien Trainor
    8. Arnold Obortov (sp?)
    9.Andy Thrasher
    10.David Mcintosh
    Steven Wakeling has to be in the top three; no???

IMO he is up there with Harrison & Watson

suprised that Anna Zucchelli hasn't been mentioned in the female P4P list; she's beaten some of the UK's top girls?

Dale White would definitely be up there if he was more active; great fighter with a lovely style.

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    women p4p

1. helene garnett
    2. sarah macarthy
    3. ruth ashdown
    4. iman barlow
    5. joanne calderwood
    No Bernice Aldiss; I would put her up there as joint 2nd behind only Julie Kitchen. Bernice's knees are lethal, always a joy to watch her fight.

Julie Kitchen is is IMO the best female fighter in the UK; she's won an absurd amount of world titles at a few different weights. I'm really suprised you haven't included her? No KO Gym girls either?

Nicky Carter was a class act; although I don't think she is active any longer!
    Last edited by AndrewC; 10-12-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    No Bernice Aldiss; I would put her up there as joint 2nd behind only Julie Kitchen. Bernice's knees are lethal, always a joy to watch her fight.

Julie Kitchen is is IMO the best female fighter in the UK; she's won an absurd amount of world titles at a few different weights. I'm really suprised you haven't included her? No KO Gym girls either?

I agree, Anna zuchelli is a world champion at 57kg and so is Amanda Kelly at 59kg.... Both excellent fighters! I've heard a lot about Bernise also being top class

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post

i have changed my mind a bit, Julie does deserve to be up there. i still think p4p helene is stronger but Julie has fought over 4 different weights and there is no arguing the fact that she has beaten everyone there is to beat (apart from gdr)
    totally forgot about bernise...its too hard to pick them really.

Nicky Carter doesnt fight anymore, she was one of my favorite fighters years ago, she was defo a class act.

i like amanda kelly from KO, strong fighter but to be honest im not that arsed about watching the rest of the girls there. they score well but no power, anna is prime example, she is doing really well with her wins but theres just no power to her.
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    i have changed my mind a bit, Julie does deserve to be up there. i still think p4p helene is stronger but Julie has fought over 4 different weights and there is no arguing the fact that she has beaten everyone there is to beat (apart from gdr)
    totally forgot about bernise...its too hard to pick them really.

Nicky Carter doesnt fight anymore, she was one of my favorite fighters years ago, she was defo a class act.

i like amanda kelly from KO, strong fighter but to be honest im not that arsed about watching the rest of the girls there. they score well but no power, anna is prime example, she is doing really well with her wins but theres just no power to her.

How does that work out then if Anna zucchelli beat bernise aldis to win the WMC world title?
    Not being a liberty but she should well be up there in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface Assassin View Post
    How does that work out then if Anna zucchelli beat bernise aldis to win the WMC world title?
    Not being a liberty but she should well be up there in the top 10.
    simply coz in p4p you have to take everything in i think, strength etc too. but like i said, Anna is doing really well but just not my cup of tea as a fighter. if its based on who has beaten who we could go round in circles all day coz they all beat each other at some point. not taking anything away from Anna but i was there when she fought bernise and no way was that bernise at anywhere near her best. if bernise was on top form she would beat annabut like i said, they all beat each other at some point
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix