Thread: Strength Training

Default Strength Training

A general question to all. Would you consider strength attributes maximal, endurance and isometric etc, higher/more important in the list of physical requirements, cardio etc?

Quote Originally Posted by david1978 View Post
    A general question to all. Would you consider strength attributes maximal, endurance and isometric etc, higher/more important in the list of physical requirements, cardio etc?
    Strength definitely!! helps. Especially when imposing your game and applying submissions. I have been doing alot of strength training and because I am 37 years old ( strength the last to go ) and 16 stone im not the the quickest off the mark but if Have a grips or im on top your in trouble!. However you can know all the techs in the world if your to knackered to use them in roll they are pointless so cardio training is also a must!.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by david1978 View Post
    Yes!

10char
    portuguesewhitebelt.blogspot.com

I don't think you can place one higher then the other. We could probably drum up a couple of hundred scenarios where strength beats cardio or vice versa.
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

what sort of strenght routine do people recomend then?

good techinque, good movement, balance, strong and good cardio. Just need them all really.

I find kettlebells circuits good.

Try working out on a rope pul machine it will really help your game!
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."