Thread: DVD home cinema / Recording MMA ?

Question DVD home cinema / Recording MMA ?

My old DVD recorder with Hard Drive broke so I need to get a new one. One of the main reasons I use it is to free up the old Sky HD box, especially for films, MMA events, UFCs etc because you can SKY+ them and then whack them on to a disc through that and keep them!

The problem I have (or maybe it isnt but im not very techy!) is that Id like to also have a home cinema surround sound setup (but I dont want two players!)

Does anyone know if there are now DVD recorders (particularly with Hard Drives) that can also act as an Amp for surround sound speakers??? Or do they not make those?? What Im after is a home cinema system that records I guess, but Ive googled it and nothing maybe calling it the wrong name??

Im guessing that others on here must burn off from their Sky on to DVD to keep UFCs, so how do you do it???

Cheers guys
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Dear David,

I hope all is well,
    What the fuck are you talking about ?

Kindest Regards,

Gary
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

haha cheers Gary, clearly you are about as up on technology as me

i want a DVD recorder, with big bad ass speakers that are like proper well loud init!!!

is that better
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

now your talking,

check out this fucker :- http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/ar...60D/index.html
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

This is probably best directed at an AV forum, but for what it's worth. I've never seen an AMP with a DVD player stuck on the side of it. They're costly enough without having to add more to it.
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    now your talking,

check out this fucker :- http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/ar...60D/index.html
    See thats what im talking 'bout

900 though!

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    This is probably best directed at an AV forum, but for what it's worth. I've never seen an AMP with a DVD player stuck on the side of it. They're costly enough without having to add more to it.
    i beg to differ old Bean, rarely (if ever) has there not been someone on here that knows the answer to something and can put it in plain English! General Discussion on here kicks ass
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Re...0675801&sr=1-1

Or you could just connect everything together, Cant see it being that hard

TV > Home cinema reciver > Sky Plus/DVD Record and everything else plugs intot that.

I've never tried this so im just guessing
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

i'm into home cinema..IMO, its best to get seperates, as the all-in-one units do not sound anywhere near as good, plus if it goes tits up you will end up losing the dvd player/recorder and amp.

also the all-in-one units tend to have far less inputs so if you wanted to connect, say, your Sky+ box, XBOX360, PS3 whatever, you may not be able to.
    The streets are alive with the sounds of pain...EARN YOUR F***ING SCARS, SON!

get a second hand mac mini, plenty of software around to record tv on it then set up a external disc or two for storage