Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Shakus Maximus, aka Richard Shore

Default Interview with Shakus Maximus, aka Richard Shore

Intro:
    Richard Shore, or 'Shaky' to his friends, is founder and head instructor of the Tillery Combat MMA Club in Abertillery, Gwent, Wales. A long time practitioner of martial arts, the BJJ purple belt is also a successful mentor and coach to kids brought in from the Youth Offending Service - turning their lives around for the better. Earlier this month, one of Shaky's students, Mark Marshman, a former young offender, won the prestigious Princes Trust Young Achiever Award and the Tillery Combat MMA club received a runners up prize in the Impact on the Community Award. Both awards were the culmination of a lifetime's dedication to the sport and the power that MMA and jiu jitsu can bring to the community. I was moved by shaky's posts on the Cagewarriors forum so I asked him to explain more about his work...

Full interview here:
    http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2010/1...s-maximus.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Great interview, and very inspiring.

very nice mate

Said it before and say it again. Shakey is everything that is good about this sport in the UK. I would recommend Rich and his team to anyone.

Known him a LONG time from way way back in our traditional JJ days. Great guy and deserves every bit of success that come his way.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

wicked stuff, cheers to both interviewee and interviewer.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    Said it before and say it again. Shakey is everything that is good about this sport in the UK. I would recommend Rich and his team to anyone.

Known him a LONG time from way way back in our traditional JJ days. Great guy and deserves every bit of success that come his way.
    Agree 100%, people like Shakey are few and far between, the sport of MMA is lucky to have him involved

Cracking interview. Doing some great work for the sport and the community. Massive amount of respect for that.

Cheers guys. I enjoyed chatting to Shaky about his achievements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Shakey is a legend in general an is like a dad to all of us!! an with him an others linked to our club they are allowing us to do stuff that we would of dreamt of doing an we are one big family thanks to him!! Its about time he has regonation for what he does besides this he works part time in the fire service an at loydds bank !! Also holding down a full time job through the week!! Hes a top bloke an have still got loads to offer to any level fighter!!
    Kris Edwards,www.groundandpound.de/mma/rankings/european-top-ten/bantamgewicht-135lb-61kg/

I have huge respect for Shakey as a Martial Artist and as a mentor to his team.