Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mma - Thai

Hybrid View

Default Mma - Thai

In your opinions at what level should a experienced pro mma fighter be looking to take a thai fight?
    Proud to be sponsored bySport-Sense.co.uk

Pro am i imagine, if there faily comfortable with there thai.
    FeatherzThe2nd - (gamertag) - add me for CoD \ Forza antics.

Even if the striking is crap haha.

If there strikings crap and they have no proper thai training or little then amateur, it depends on idividual i rekcon, but thats my opinion.
    FeatherzThe2nd - (gamertag) - add me for CoD \ Forza antics.

fighting in thai is totally different in the UK, in MMA people seem to go head first into semi-pro and loads of people go pro after a only a few fights, you cant do that in thai here, you would get demolished.
    someone having their first fight in thai cant just jump straight into a-class bouts, you have to start with c-class then move up to b-class and then after 10 or so b-class maybe move to a-class.
    pro-mma is nothing like a-class thai boxing, just because you have fought pro mma doesnt mean you will get through an a-class thai bout, not with the standard of the a-class fighters in the UK.
    might be a little different if you have had 10 pro mma fights and non of them have went to the floor and you have had to stand and trade for 5 rounds in every one of them but thats really unlikely!
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

c-class is still pro, but shorter rounds and no knees to the head or elbows to the head. most people start at c-class but someone who has had loads of fights might get away with b-class...all depends how good their stand-up is, alot of mma fighters rely on their ground skills which are no use to you at all in thai!
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

Would a promoter happily match a pro Mma guy with a c class thai? Would be cool to do some thai.

I think promoters would dude, Turner had some c class fights while fighting pro mma, more recently he has fought b class and had an opponent pull out of a matched a class.

id bet money on most of the c class thai fighters at the griphouse holding there own with most pro mma fighters (with one or two exceptions)

See that's what I fought. As if your just training thai then your bound to be at a different level than someone that's got to train stand up, wrestling, bjj among other things.

Think I will look to do some thai fights next year if I get a chance.

Get Chris to explain the scoring to you dude and you will be cool.