Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Jackson criticism - Right or wrong?

Default Greg Jackson criticism - Right or wrong?

After Nate Marquardt's loss at UFC 122, Dana White said something that a lot of casual fight fans were thinking when he blasted Jackson's camp for their strategy during the fight.

Jackson and a lot of his fighters have come in for a lot of criticism lately, but with fighters such as Condit, Carwin and Jon Jones on his books, is the criticism merited? What you guys think?

http://www.realsportsnet.com/mma/762...cism-warranted

----------------------------------------------------
    www.twitter.com/garymclaughlin8
    www.realsportsnet.com
    "I see three of them out there" - "Hit the one in the middle then"

Still don't get the critics who call the Hardy/GSP fight boring. But each to their own.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

In fact it's just bollocks. Rashad had a string of stoppages before he fought Machida, but he was criticised before the Lambert fight that he had no stopping ability. And GSP finished Penn and all but KO'd Fitch, it would be hard to say he wasn't trying to finish any of his last fights. People seem keen to claim that just because he didn't fight Hardy and Alves in their strongest area that he's boring, without giving credit to the fact that Hardy's one of the most resilient fighters in the WW division?

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    In fact it's just bollocks. Rashad had a string of stoppages before he fought Machida, but he was criticised before the Lambert fight that he had no stopping ability. And GSP finished Penn and all but KO'd Fitch, it would be hard to say he wasn't trying to finish any of his last fights. People seem keen to claim that just because he didn't fight Hardy and Alves in their strongest area that he's boring, without giving credit to the fact that Hardy's one of the most resilient fighters in the WW division?
    Exactly!

It's not like GSP lays and prays, he tries to finish the fight on the ground from top position, Dan was just a stubborn bastard and isn't easy to finish!

Evans imo is a much better fighter when he wrestles instead of trying to be apollo creed or something!

Tbh whats wrong with what Jackson does? It wins fights, thats what we are here to do, he gets the fighters to fight to their strengths, accentuate the positives, hide the negatives, just sensible imho
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Personally i'm not a fan of Jackson's camp, but as long as winning is the most important thing in the UFC and the 'gameplan' is the most successful way to achieve this, Dana can't really complain. They're his rules

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    Tbh whats wrong with what Jackson does? It wins fights, thats what we are here to do, he gets the fighters to fight to their strengths, accentuate the positives, hide the negatives, just sensible imho
    Hit the nail on the head with that one. For example, he doesn't send Shane Carwin in to lay on opponents. He tells him to use his strengths, i.e. those big fists of his. The Marquardt one was just frustration by White as he prob knows Okami v Silva (if he beats Belfort) will be rubbish.
    "I see three of them out there" - "Hit the one in the middle then"

another case of mma fans stressing "yeah, but what have you done for me lately?"
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Default Someday you’ll understand PUMA Shoes

In a not met,Famous sports brands puma for women with pure movement descent and stylish design has won the attention of young people. PUMA Shoes

2010 are the target market brand marketing is sometimes contradictory, sometimes. PUMA Shoes 2010 comes in a broad range of expansive technology for use in the enterprise. puma

shoes style is easy to match your clothing.
    This PUMA Shoes Sale wonderful style appearence is more popular with people. Now we detailed look at the benefits of puma shoes for men. PUMA Shoes

Sale is the global athletic brand that successfully fuses influences from sport puma women, lifestyle and fashion. When you receive our product, first of all, you

will feel excited about the beautiful packing, I believe you will be satisfied.
    When you think of puma ferrari, it’s likely that the ever popular “Speed Cat” springs to mind,Whether you’re a sneaker fanatic or just a guy shopping for some new athletic

shoes, you probably don’t need me to tell you that puma men are hot. as it’s one of Puma’s classics. puma

whitewith good sharp, bright color, unique design in the shoes were reflected. The suede uppers is very soft and comfortable, and shoes side flow line streaks, eye-catching puma

sneakers more attractive.
    puma soccer shoes

puma casual shoes

buy online puma shoes
    puma athletic shoes

buy puma shoes

puma sneakers shoes

pink puma shoes
    black puma shoes
    blue puma shoes
    puma football shoes

puma basketball shoes

Quote Originally Posted by danice View Post
    In a not met,Famous sports brands puma for women with pure movement descent and stylish design has won the attention of young people. PUMA Shoes

2010 are the target market brand marketing is sometimes contradictory, sometimes. PUMA Shoes 2010 comes in a broad range of expansive technology for use in the enterprise. puma

shoes style is easy to match your clothing.
    This PUMA Shoes Sale wonderful style appearence is more popular with people. Now we detailed look at the benefits of puma shoes for men. PUMA Shoes

Sale is the global athletic brand that successfully fuses influences from sport puma women, lifestyle and fashion. When you receive our product, first of all, you

will feel excited about the beautiful packing, I believe you will be satisfied.
    When you think of puma ferrari, it’s likely that the ever popular “Speed Cat” springs to mind,Whether you’re a sneaker fanatic or just a guy shopping for some new athletic

shoes, you probably don’t need me to tell you that puma men are hot. as it’s one of Puma’s classics. puma

whitewith good sharp, bright color, unique design in the shoes were reflected. The suede uppers is very soft and comfortable, and shoes side flow line streaks, eye-catching puma

sneakers more attractive.
    puma soccer shoes

puma casual shoes

buy online puma shoes
    puma athletic shoes

buy puma shoes

puma sneakers shoes

pink puma shoes
    black puma shoes
    blue puma shoes
    puma football shoes

puma basketball shoes
    I totaly agree mate, I have this problem too..

I often wear shoes that dont match my clothing and yu have just offered the best solution I could have asked for.. thanks man
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

^^^^^^ Lol