Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the white belts over 30 years of age?

Default To the white belts over 30 years of age?

Do the younger members of your dojo think you're some sort of crazy old man?

My first real Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class was when i was 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosalfus View Post
    That's the sort of reputation I can only aspire to have.

Reminds me of my favorite film lol

The more I read and began to understand, the more I admired him. His family and friends couldn't understand it, and they couldn't talk him out of it. He had to apply three times and he had to put up with a ton of shit, but when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him. The next youngest guy in his class was half his age. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that course. I did it when I was 19 and it damn near wasted me. A tough motherfucker. He finished. He could have gone for General, but he went for himself instead.

What film is that from?

I'd guess that at least 30-40% of the white belts at our gym are 30 or over. There are a good few over 40 as well.

After attending a braulio seminar i wore a gi for the second time a week later on my 30th birthday in a shed in doncaster. i was taught how to shrimp and pass guard. I stiil use that 1 guard pass today 4 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Torre View Post
    What film is that from?
    Apocalypse Now

Quote Originally Posted by diver View Post
    After attending a braulio seminar i wore a gi for the second time a week later on my 30th birthday in a shed in doncaster. i was taught how to shrimp and pass guard. I stiil use that 1 guard pass today 4 years later.
    Sorry dude, are you saying that Braulio did a seminar in your shed?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bosalfus View Post
    I am 38 but the younger members think I am one of them. BJJ keeps me young looking.