Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have access to clean drinking water in your gym?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would not go to a gym that has a bar onsite. Training and drinking don't mix. Alcohol has the following effects on the body.

- reduces the body's ability to convert food to energy
    - reduces carbohydrate/blood sugar levels
    - reduces aerobic performance
    - slows down reaction times
    - increases likelihood of muscle cramps

I would look for a serious gym that would encourage their athletes to be in 100% peak condition for fights.
    You have to realise not everyone fights, some train for enjoyment.. anyway, I never drink before training... only after.

Quote Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
    I would not go to a gym that has a bar onsite. Training and drinking don't mix. Alcohol has the following effects on the body.

I would look for a serious gym that would encourage their athletes to be in 100% peak condition for fights.
    I guess if your a pro fighter then yes but if a hobbyist fancies a pint with his team mates after a hard work out theres nothing like having a bar to hand I wouldent allow anyone to drink and train but after I see nothing wrong with it.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by sheriff View Post

I wholly disagree with your science.

I took my one and only kickboxing match at two days notice. I had a good session the night before, drinking 6 pints + spirits and ended up in a kebab house at 2am. The following day I was fine and won my match by TKO. Thereby proving your science to be incorrect.

I agree with Bomberh, been on the piss many times before a comp in my younger days and have done OK, not the best prep I know but when ya young you think you're invincible

Nothing wrong with a bar inside a club, we're adults after all, surely some common sense would dictate not to drink before training, but to be actively encouraged afterwards, after all the logo at Onthemat.com is 'train hard, party harder' and a cold beer always tastes so good when it's well earned!

F

we have tap water, bow down peasents
    MMA (9-2 8 subs) Sponsored Athlete under Tatami Fight Wear, G&S welterweight champion

Not only do I insist on clean drinking water. I also require my own personal washing machine onsite for my gi. Add to that en-suite facilities and a trouser press.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Not only do I insist on clean drinking water. I also require my own personal washing machine onsite for my gi. Add to that en-suite facilities and a trouser press.
    Yeah the absence of a trouser press is a real deal breaker for me. I hate having scrunched up gi trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
    stop been a pussy, why don't you try the gay gym down the road where everyone wears lycra and does boxercise
    sounds like my Garage

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Fuck me I wouldn't dare drink the water from our gym.. better off squeezing stale sweat out of my team mates gi's and drinking that.

Bottled all the way lol
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team