Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amatuer boxing and white collar boxing

Hybrid View

Default amatuer boxing and white collar boxing

2 questions:

could you fight amatuer boxing if you have had pro mma fights?

are there any good white collar boxing clubs in the hampshire/berkshire or surrey area?

I cant tell you anything about Hampshire/Berkshire or Surrey.

The answer to your first question I believe is yes as they're different sports. A lot of Mixed Martial Artists fight on boxing shows as amateurs afaik.

As said above yeah you can complete in AM boxing as a pro MMA fighter.

Although being a pro mma fighter doesn't quite make you a white collar now does it?

That's sort of cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Scubast View Post
    As said above yeah you can complete in AM boxing as a pro MMA fighter.

Although being a pro mma fighter doesn't quite make you a white collar now does it?

That's sort of cheating
    i think it does still apply to me as althoug ive fought pro mma its not really full pro, yeah you get paid a little but by no means professional, like whilte collar boxers i still have a full 40 hr working week etc

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    2 questions:

could you fight amatuer boxing if you have had pro mma fights?

are there any good white collar boxing clubs in the hampshire/berkshire or surrey area?
    Yep, check out http://www.fatlippromotions.co.uk/

I fought for them last saturday (won by TKO second round ), brilliantly well run show with about 1000 people in attendence, proper weigh ins, sound system etc etc. Professional set up.
    Fitch's fan

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJab View Post

I fought for them last saturday (won by TKO second round ), brilliantly well run show with about 1000 people in attendence, proper weigh ins, sound system etc etc. Professional set up.
    Congrats! Was it your first bout?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Congrats! Was it your first bout?
    Cheers. Yep, done Am MMA with no headshots but that was it, weird feeling being able to hit someone as hard as I could. Massive rush from the crowd!
    Fitch's fan

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJab View Post

how would you go about getting involved with it? presume normal boxing rules, how about round duration etc?

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    how would you go about getting involved with it? presume normal boxing rules, how about round duration etc?
    I just emailed them with my details and then phoned them a couple of weeks later. Theres a contact form on the site, theres also mobile numbers. 3 X 2 minute rounds with 14oz gloves for novices.
    Fitch's fan

thanks very much for your help, have emailed them now.