Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: amatuer boxing and white collar boxing

I think you need to go in with your eyes wide open with the white collar boxing.

Like MMA its unregulated and and the BBBC wont go near it. I have been to a few shows where the match ups and weigh in (if they weighed) have been a little off.
    To me , white collar means 16 oz gloves with headguards. Thats it, i wouldnt listen to records, previous fights , who they work for, just go in expecting the guy to have had a few fights and want to take you out.
    I was even offered a few white colloar fights and I have had a few on pro boxing cards last year. How is that fair ?

with a 2 minute round expect the other fighter to come out banging

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

The white collar fights I've been to have been out and out bloodbaths tbh. A pretty low level of skill and cardio on show, but far more brutal than I had expected. I've only been to two though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Starfighter View Post
    The white collar fights I've been to have been out and out bloodbaths tbh. A pretty low level of skill and cardio on show, but far more brutal than I had expected. I've only been to two though.
    check out IBABOXING.CO.UK AND IBAESSEX.COM they have over 1000 fighters on board rankings and proper champioship bouts top medical supervision fight doctor and 3 para medics and ambulance on site they pay good wages and ticket deals

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJab View Post
    Yep, check out http://www.fatlippromotions.co.uk/

I fought for them last saturday (won by TKO second round ), brilliantly well run show with about 1000 people in attendence, proper weigh ins, sound system etc etc. Professional set up.
    have you checked ibaboxing.co.uk

You need to check this with the ABAE. You CAN NOT box as an amature boxer and be registered with the Amature Boxing Association England if you are participating competitively in another martial art.
    If you move from one discipline to Amature boxing, you have to declare any previous experience you and may not be classified as a complete novice.

Quote Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
    have you checked ibaboxing.co.uk
    Yeah I've book marked it in case I want a boxing fight again in the future and QFL aren't having an event.

Also, anyone know of any shows near Banbury/Northampton/Oxford/MK kinda area?
    Fitch's fan