Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Khan vs Maidana

Default Khan vs Maidana

Very interesting fight IMO.

Classic case of power versus skill.

Maidana is a decent boxer, but he's not on Khans' level in terms of technique and skill. But if he can land on Khans' chin then it should be curtains.

If Maidana can't land his bombs then I see Khan running and counterpunching his way to a very late stoppage or a decision.

Looking forward to this as there's no way that Khans's camp would have wanted this fight. Maidanas' power is a real risk, but apparently HBO forced Khan to take this fight or they wouldn't sign him up for anymore.

What say yee?

Can't wait for this, just hope it's not a boring hide and seek fight where Khan just try's to pick up points to win the fight. I think both possess the power to win the fight by KO so hopefully Khan will win this way

I suppose HBO must have made him take this fight as Maidana is potentially a nightmare opponent for him. This is not a fight that Khans handlers would have gone looking for.

Personally I see Khan getting KO'd. That said, if he can avoid Maidanas bombs he could get the decision.

Khan is really settled in to the weight now and his confidence is sky high. I honestly don't think he'll be as scared of maidana's power as everyone suggests, though he'll be conscious of it, obviously. I think he'll be patient at first, picking his punches, but will look to get him out of there by rounds 6 to 8. Like they say, speed kills and Khan will be too fast and too acurate and just overwhelm the guy.

Maidana seems like a slugger to me with no pinpoint accuracy. Providing Khan can keep his chin tucked in and keeps moving he will be far superior in speed and class and should take Maidana out of there in the late rounds. I can see the ref stopping the fight between rounds 8 and 11 due to too much punishment being taken.

War Maidana.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Yeah I've got Khan winning this but it's at least a dangerous fight. Maidana could put him out if he lands something I'm sure but Khan just has him beat with speed and accuracy I reckon.

The threat Maidana poses with his power combined with the questions of Khan's chin will make this more interesting than Amir's last few fights though for me.

Should be a great fight, I'm predicting Khan by either decision or a late stoppage from an accumulation of shots.

Anyone got streams?

I got the runs
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.