Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check This Out I just read on Sherdog???

Default Check This Out I just read on Sherdog???

Well I was pretty surprised to see this I have cut and paste the thread what do you guys think.

Copied from Sherdog? (What a load of shit)

[URL="http://http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/british-mma-fighters-not-mma-fighters-1435233/"

British MMA fighters are not MMA fighters!
    I read these forums all the time and I've never posted before but as an Englishman and an huge MMA fan I just need to get this off my chest. It pains me to say this but British MMA fighters are not MMA fighters. Period.
    When I first got into MMA I couldn't name one fighter from the UK and that was fine with me. Nowdays they're everywhere and it's really embarrassing to watch at times. Personally, I don't think there is any place in MMA for fighters who have no ground game whatsoever and unfortunately, it's just not in our culture to fight like that. When was the last time you saw a british guy submit another half decent fighter or completely dominate him with high level wrestling?

Brit fighters are kickboxers at the most and that one dimensional style doesn't belong in 'Mixed Martial Arts'.
    Everytime I watch a UFC event where a hyped up UK fighter gets his ass handed to him or gets raped for 15 minutes without answer, I get more and more disillusioned with the company and the sport in general.

The UFC obviously doesn't see this as it keeps on stacking cards outside the USA with these sub-par fighters instead of top 10 guys. If the UFC had tried to put events like 120 or 122 on in Las Vegas the place would have been empty. The real MMA fans in the UK will eventually desert the UFC and the arena's will be full of idiots who couldn't name one fighter on the card. The kind of 'experts' you meet at work who know everything about cage-fighting but have never heard of MMA.

I want my countrymen to do well in this sport, I really do. I just think that we are so far behind the rest of the world that we are not ready to compete at this level yet. We are trying to run before we have learnt to walk. In 5 years there may be a legit UK fighter but we definitely aren't there yet.

It's only my opinion but what do other UK fans think about this and what do other sherdoggers around the world think too?
    'This Is MMA Anything Can Happen'

The most hated Gaijin of all

Get what he is saying about the cards though, I think we are given a raw deal over here for the standard of card.

REFEREE with MMA Officials

0.o just because we have a lot of "I wanna stand and bang" fighters in the UK people forget we have some great grapplers.

James Saville won a bronze medal in the US No-Gi Open last year ( or year before maybe ) haha!

Didn't Danny Mitchell win the under 77kg ADCC novice tournament in 2008 too 0.o

We have a new generation making their way up ..... the grapplers I like:

James Saville, Danny Mitchell, Jay Furness, Eddie Ng, Ryan Scope, Dave Hill, Dan Korbely ( dunno if he is going to be active ), Alex Enlund and I'm sure the list goes on and on.

UK isn't all "stand and bang" ..... Sass in UFC for instance.

If a "Real Mixed Martial Artist" spends 15 minutes dry-humping his opponent trying to stall out a points victory, I dont want to be one and I dont want to watch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    James Saville, Danny Mitchell, Jay Furness, Eddie Ng, Ryan Scope, Dave Hill, Dan Korbely ( dunno if he is going to be active ), Alex Enlund and I'm sure the list goes on and on.

UK isn't all "stand and bang" .....
    I'm looking forward to seeing some of these lads come to the fore, aswell as Scanno and Hathaway who are well decent sub/wrestlers themselves.... however in fairness to what he's saying, most the UK fighters in the UFC atm are more or less sprawl & brawl kickboxers (with little KO power).
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

He used the word "period". May I suggest he's just been exposed as a fake Englishman.

Plus, he uses the word "Brit". Who seriously uses that, apart from Yanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing some of these lads come to the fore, aswell as Scanno and Hathaway who are well decent sub/wrestlers themselves.... however in fairness to what he's saying, most the UK fighters in the UFC atm are more or less sprawl & brawl kickboxers (with little KO power).
    Yah I get what you mean.

Have some coming up though Rib Broughton getting the RNC over a Brazilian fighter is WIN.

Some scary upcomers, Jay Furness, Danny Mitchell and James Saville are in my area now which is awesome - wanting to take my grappling seriously shortly so these are the guys I'll be nagging the hell out of ha ha *sorry dudes, ask Saville how annoying I am ....*