Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: What makes a belt?

Emailing to complain about comments on a public forum?

Either you're very naive or just joking. I do hope it's the latter.

As for holding the leg when executing an arm bar. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a secret ninja technique known only to dtec students. It's on the Roy Dean DVD and also in Eddie Bravos rubber guard book. However I'll happily arm bar the shit out of anyone without holding the leg.

I've just had a look in Jiu Jitsu university and Mr Ribeiro doesn't suggest holding the leg either, apparently he's pretty good at this bjj stuff

btw. this thread is very funny. it's close to Bridlington karate on the entertainment stakes.

as for "clicky"... yeah the internet and computers are like that... it's the mice.....

Quote Originally Posted by daddybaresi View Post
    However I'll happily arm bar the shit out of anyone without holding the leg.
    Maybe you should delete the word anyone and replace it with the words "another white belt". Without that modification the claim is rather fanciful.

For the armbar, with or without the leg is fine... both have advantages and disadvantages. One is not better than the other, use the right technique for the moment. Too think that just cos they don't grip the leg you'll be able to escape is naive at best.

As for the sweep and using underhook or trousers grip, it's basically the same thing again but I vastly prefer the trouser grip if it's available as it allows control of the leg (and hence base) in many more directions.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by bomberh View Post
    Maybe you should delete the word anyone and replace it with the words "another white belt". Without that modification the claim is rather fanciful.
    I didn't say THEY'D TAP

They may even escape!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    For the armbar, with or without the leg is fine... both have advantages and disadvantages. One is not better than the other, use the right technique for the moment. Too think that just cos they don't grip the leg you'll be able to escape is naive at best.

As for the sweep and using underhook or trousers grip, it's basically the same thing again but I vastly prefer the trouser grip if it's available as it allows control of the leg (and hence base) in many more directions.
    Well said ...very true.

Grabbing the leg, I prefer not to as I like two hands on the arm I'm trying to extend. However, if a guys starts to roll out, I'll let go with one hand and grab his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inchPonch View Post
    If it is Jake "youngun" Burns Is Richard Degeville aka RJD really his dad?
    Obviously could be but just the chance of them just pretending going by the different surnames

Quote Originally Posted by Albino Assassin View Post
    If it is Jake "youngun" Burns Is Richard Degeville aka RJD really his dad?
    Obviously could be but just the chance of them just pretending going by the different surnames
    Haha, well spotted! What a cheeky little shitstirrer. Maybe next time remove your name from your youtube videos dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Haha, well spotted! What a cheeky little shitstirrer. Maybe next time remove your name from your youtube videos dumbass!
    He is one of RJD's four sons.
    Last edited by bomberh; 11-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberh View Post
    He is one of RJD's four sons.
    ...or step son, in which it's not really a proper father/son relationship is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    ...or step son, in which it's not really a proper father/son relationship is it.
    If that is the case then saying what your saying is a real c*nt of a comment and rather shameful and immature. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such an unpleasant thing.