Thread: U.M.A. British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships Results

Post U.M.A. British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships Results

U.M.A British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships 4th December 2010: Results
    Last edited by Jim.; 05-12-2010 at 07:42 PM.

well done to all the lads today Team Pure FTW......
    "If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic

Awesome day thanks guys, gareth sbg

was a good day, really enjoyed it. was happy to win the U85's and then had a good laugh having four bouts against the over 95's, even though i lost 3 of them to smothers, it really is hard getting those guys off you

All the Pure MMA guys that competed did the team proud and i'm sure we'll be there in strong numbers at all future UMA events

Was there only one advanced division fight?

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    Was there only one advanced division fight?

Nathan
    I think so, they didn't have the usual split of beginners and advanced this time, instead when registering it was split beginners, intermediate, advanced and elite and with the suggested time brackets this seemed to put almost everyone attending in either the beginners or intermediate

Default Thank you from the UMA

The U.M.A. would like to thank everyone who attended our annual British Open 'No Gi' Grappling Championships yesterday, Athletes and Supporters alike.

Although the weather was atrocious and poor state of roads etc, everyone made the effort to get to the Championships to represent, for that we thank you all for putting on a fun, friendly and professional day of exciting and skillful grappling.

Also, thanks to the following U.M.A. Officials, as without them our Championships would not be possible for us and the Athletes each and every year:

Carl Fisher-UMA Area Referee
    Steve Houchin-UMA Mat Referee
    Sue McSherry-UMA Registration Officer
    Connie Woolley-UMA Registration Admin Officer
    Jenny Houchin-UMA Score Recorder and Score Keeper
    Mickey Costa-UMA Score Recorder and Score Keeper
    Ben Smedley-UMA Score Recorder and Score Keeper
    Michael Stephenson-UMA Score Recorder and Score Keeper
    Tony Wood, UMA Senior Officer-Equipment Transportation and Logistics
    Colin at Trent Trophies-the UMA's Medal and Trophy Suppliers

www.Empirefightshop.com UMA Sponsors and Supplier of the Winners Prizes for this Event.

Stoke City Council, Fenton Manor Sports Complex and Venue Staff for a fantastic venue and support.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all the UMA Supporters.

We look forward to seeing you all again at our future Championship Events in 2011.

For and behalf of everyone here at the UMA.

Jim

U.M.A.
    www.umauk.co.uk
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    was a good day, really enjoyed it. was happy to win the U85's and then had a good laugh having four bouts against the over 95's, even though i lost 3 of them to smothers, it really is hard getting those guys off you

All the Pure MMA guys that competed did the team proud and i'm sure we'll be there in strong numbers at all future UMA events
    Pure mma had some excellent competitors it was just a shame they didn't have some bigger guys winning their brackets to compete in the absolute.
    Would have liked to seen Stu Barrs v Tony Bebbington. I know Stu aint huge just think it would have been a good fight! Is Stu still recovering from his training for his fight last weekend?
    Last edited by ferret; 05-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Pure mma had some excellent competitors it was just a shame they didn't have some bigger guys winning their brackets to compete in the absolute.
    Would have liked to seen Stu Barrs v Tony Bebbington. I know Stu aint huge just think it would have been a good fight! Is Stu still recovering from his training for his fight last weekend?
    Yeah I couldn't convince the other guys from our team that won to do the absolute, I was well overmatched size wise and I made a bunch of mistakes that only added to my problems. Stu would have had a great scrap with Tony, he was up for competing but had to wait until after the Inman fight to register which unfortunately was too late

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Stu Barrs v Tony Bebbington would have been awesome

F