Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the symbol of your academies logo and what is it's meaning?

Hybrid View

Default What's the symbol of your academies logo and what is it's meaning?

Also how did some of the older logos come to be? Like the triangle on barra and the bulldogs on carlsons? Whats behind that Tasmanian devil i see on some gis?
    Last edited by akiraB; 05-12-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling

The most hated Gaijin of all

I think the snarling bulldogs with blood around their teeth is fairly self explanatory.

I think this is where the triangle idea originated
    ''fren, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM.
    that is hequirement for purple
    purple belt dangerus man
    if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' Creonte

The triangle is actually an illuminati symbol of skullduggery and mind control. As is the all seeing eye.

Default The Bulldogs

I am by no means an expert of Carlson Gracie history. However, I believe the bulldogs derive from the brazilian tradition of dog fighting. Dog's were judged and prized on their 'gameness'. How much fight or 'game' did they have? When they were backed in a corner would they capitulate or just go all out. I think that is where the maxim "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" comes from. I think this very much reflects the Carlson way.
    Last edited by Juvenile; 06-12-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    "It's all in the hips....It's all in the hips"
    Chubbs Peterson (Happy Gilmore)

http://thelowdown-juvenile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile View Post
    I believe the bulldogs derive from the Brazilian tradition of dog fighting. Dogs were judged and prized on their 'gameness'. How much fight or 'game' did they have? When they were backed in a corner would they capitulate or just go all out. I think that is where the maxim "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" comes from.
    What this guy said.

I think our logo/website needs a little (how to put this diplomatically?!) attention. Others might not agree but a good simple site and branding sticks in one's mind and catches attention, particularly if you're interested in attracting new members.
    Last edited by nihilist; 25-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    What this guy said.

I think need to gently persuade my instructor/s I think the logo and website needs a little.. how to put this diplomatically.. 'attention'. Others might not agree but a good simple site and branding sticks in one's mind and catches attention, particularly if you're interested in attracting new members.
    The standard GB logo is simple but I have no idea what it's meaning is.

2 bulldogs squaring off with blood in their mouths to me, signals very clearly what this club is about.

Must smash fren
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The standard GB logo is simple but I have no idea what it's meaning is.

2 bulldogs squaring off with blood in their mouths to me, signals very clearly what this club is about.

Must smash fren
    here is the GB symbol, i think the meaning has been lost somewhere in the mists of time though, maybe we'll never understand what it's original meaning was?

man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Nihilist, if you are talking about the Carlson logo,it will be changed over my dead body.While there is still blood pumping through my heart and veins the bulldogs are staying.Those bulldogs are part of who we are as a team and if you want a modern corporate image you can piss off and train somewhere else.

Best Regards

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Nihilist, if you are talking about the Carlson logo,it will be changed over my dead body.While there is still blood pumping through my heart and veins the bulldogs are staying.Those bulldogs are part of who we are as a team and if you want a modern corporate image you can piss off and train somewhere else.

Best Regards

Simon
    Ossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss