Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the symbol of your academies logo and what is it's meaning?

No, I'm part of a GB club. It's just abit of twisted bjj humour.
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andrew123 View Post
    people not a fan of GB round here then? I never realised it had such a bad rep.
    no, i'm from GB, i just have a sense of humour lol
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

While i have been back home I have seen a strange logo for one of the local BJJ clubs. Dont know what the story about it is, but it seems like a pretty cool logo.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

Ours simple says Jiu Jitsu, Bushido.

Jui Jitsu has a few varying translations "soft yeilding art" or "Gentle Art"
    Bushido = way of the warrior

Last edited by andrew123; 24-02-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew123 View Post
    Ok cool, I recently saw a pretty retarded facebook group saying GB was a scam, so thought maybe those posts were echoing that..
    I train at a GB club and although I see that sort of system (where you have visiting area coaches etc) has the potential to be a bit of a con, in reality the club I train at is incredible, great instruction and prices and I've only heard the same about other GB clubs.
    Mugen - reminds me of the ancient Egyptian God 'Anibus' the God of the afterlife I think...would explain the pyramid and his headdress.
    which GB you at dude?

yeh, definitely anubis, god of the afterlife. not sure how into bjj he was though....
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

lol well according to wiki Anubis dictated the fate of souls. I once got told by a wise black belt at Carlsons that your belt holds the souls of all the people you have tapped.