Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the symbol of your academies logo and what is it's meaning?

Oh man...Simons post had me chuckling.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    What this guy said.

I think need to gently persuade my instructor/s I think the logo and website needs a little.. how to put this diplomatically.. 'attention'. Others might not agree but a good simple site and branding sticks in one's mind and catches attention, particularly if you're interested in attracting new members.
    The standard GB logo is simple but I have no idea what it's meaning is.

2 bulldogs squaring off with blood in their mouths to me, signals very clearly what this club is about.

Must smash fren
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Nihilist, if you are talking about the Carlson logo,it will be changed over my dead body.While there is still blood pumping through my heart and veins the bulldogs are staying.Those bulldogs are part of who we are as a team and if you want a modern corporate image you can piss off and train somewhere else.

Best Regards

Simon
    Apologies Simon, perhaps I shouldn't have been so ambiguous. But no I am not talking about Carlson's.

I like Carlson's, it makes me smile, it's designed well. I'd like our club to have one as good as that, but sadly we don't yet.

Ha ha! Cool, sorry I get kind of patriotic about Carlsons.It means a lot to me.

Cheers

Simon

i always presumed the bulldogs were there because carlson looks like a bulldog, i didnt think bulldogs were big in brazilian dog fighting circles?

I must admit that I find the practice of dog fighting utterly repugnant.

In the course of my job I have come across some fairly heartbreaking cases of abuse as a result of dog fighting and the Carlsons logo was something that actually slightly put me off training there.

However, I stopped being silly and came to the conclusion that the Carlsons logo was not attempting to legitimise or glamourise dog fighting. It is merely illustrating the loyal, noble and utterly tenacious character traits of these fine animals.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The standard GB logo is simple but I have no idea what it's meaning is.

2 bulldogs squaring off with blood in their mouths to me, signals very clearly what this club is about.

Must smash fren
    here is the GB symbol, i think the meaning has been lost somewhere in the mists of time though, maybe we'll never understand what it's original meaning was?

man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Man I need to get in on this lucrative money making scheme!!
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Ha ha! Cool, sorry I get kind of patriotic about Carlsons.It means a lot to me.

Cheers

Simon
    No shit. Respect that though.

Last edited by andrew123; 24-02-2013 at 11:09 PM.