Thread: Latest MAI Magazine - Gazzy Parman on cover!

Default Latest MAI Magazine - Gazzy Parman on cover!

Hi guys,

It would be really cool if next time you browse in the newsagents to check out my really intense interview with BJJ black belt Gazzy Parman:

Mag preview Cagewarriors by Seymour Yang, on Flickr

Photographs by the amazing James Oluoch-Olunya - www.combat-bjj.com

A little quote from the interview:
    A decade ago female grapplers were few and far between. Often, they would have to enter men’s divisions just to get a fight. Gazzy recalls her experiences fighting against men:

“I did fight a couple matches against guys, one time I had a closed door match against Jeff Glover - haha - we were both white belts, nearly blue at the time and our instructors bet against each other as to who would win between Jeff and I. Well I ended up catching Jeff in a triangle choke and I submitted him! So my instructor won $20!
    I'm pretty proud of this one, but, erm, I made a little mistake that was too late to correct. you can read about it here:
    http://www.martialartsunltd.co.uk/articles/38/228.html
    Oops

Anyway, it's still one of the most amazing stories I've ever had the honour of covering and I recommend reading it.

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Meerkatsu; 08-12-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Sounds good. I hope she's cool about your mistake. If what you incorrectly assumed to be true, was actually true (which it obviously isn't) there would be no shame in that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Sounds good. I hope she's cool about your mistake. If what you incorrectly assumed to be true, was actually true (which it obviously isn't) there would be no shame in that anyway.
    Thanks mate, yes I agree, no shame, it was a very low point in her life and I hope the article shows she battled through those hard times to become the engaging and inspiring person that she is today.
    Gazzy says she will offer a detailed account of that period in her life in a subsequent interview - just to clear the record. She is cool about my mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog