Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile upgrade/contract ending

Default Mobile upgrade/contract ending

I'm currently with Vodafone, and a 24 month contract has just come to an end.

I'm due an upgrade, or I could obviously go with another network.

I rang them up and even when I said I was gonna leave, they wouldn't give me an iphone4 for free.

So, what are the best deals out there at the moment and what's my best way of going about getting it?

What phones? I like the look of iPhone4, HTC Desire HD and Blackberry Torch.

And is there any network I should definitely avoid?!

Cheers!

no one is giving iPhone 4s away surely?
    3GS for free, but not a 4

I went for the Blackberry when my contract ended, because it was affordable enough to justify.

Couldn't justify the expense for an iphone.

To be fair to the humble Blackberry, it's ace for work, entertaining enough, great for the internet, twitter, facebook etc.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    no one is giving iPhone 4s away surely?
    3GS for free, but not a 4
    Apparently O2 are, my mate got a free upgrade to an iPhone 4 last week. Cunt!

Quote Originally Posted by RGS1 View Post
    I went for the Blackberry when my contract ended, because it was affordable enough to justify.

Couldn't justify the expense for an iphone.

To be fair to the humble Blackberry, it's ace for work, entertaining enough, great for the internet, twitter, facebook etc.
    I'm using a BB now and have for the past couple of years. I like 'em but loads of people have told me the iphone is the shit. That new BB Torch looks quite good though, I'd be tempted to stay with BB for a better deal on that.

I have issues like this too

As i was looking at the Nokia N8 and HTC Desire as i'm out of contract but would want lots of minutes. Either them or an I Phone would be cool. But i'm clueless about what network is best

I wouldnt wanna do orange as my BB is with them

Here's some deals for both the Desire and N8 mate, you can change the search criteria for price range, number of texts/minutes etc etc:

http://phonestore.techradar.com/phones/htc/desire

http://phonestore.techradar.com/phones/nokia/n8

I got a balckberry bold, 900 minutes, unlimited text, 1GB internet (more than enough, in 6 momths I'm yet to be charges for internet use), unlimited email, and free bmm (blackberry messenger) and blackberry insurance for 35 quid a month on vodafone

one thing to be careful of...

when you get a contract unlimited internet does NOT mean unlimited emails, MAKE SURE ITS UNLIMITED EMAIL

if your going to use email on your phone and it doesnt have unlimited email, you're getting charged every time you get an email, often adding on 10-20 per bill
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Apparently O2 are, my mate got a free upgrade to an iPhone 4 last week. Cunt!
    He's probably paid more then enough money to O2 in recent years to cover the cost of an iPhone or two. What's his new/current contract cost? Just looking at a 24m contract with O2 to get a "free" iphone you'd fork out about 1400. Deduct the cost of an iphone and that's still an obscene amount of money for 24 months of "service" from O2.
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Do not get the Blackberry Torch. I had the iPhone 4, sold it and got the new Blackberry Bold 9780. By far and away the best phone I have ever had and I've had a few (HTC Desire, most Blackberries, iPhones)

Surprised by Voda and what they said to you, I took out a iPhone contract for my Mrs and they gave it to me FOC. Maybe ring through and try again, most of the people in the retention team there would give it to you free of charge.
    Meh...........

I went with tesco mobile (02) - 12 month contract at 35 a month, 230 for iphone4 and i get unlimited texts, bt openzone, web browsing( 1gb ish cap) and 750 minutes!

Worked out at the time almost as cheap as any 18 or 24 month contracts!!

You will probably get a good deal on upgrade to htc and possibly the nokias!