Thread: How do you get your conditionin too another level?

Default How do you get your conditionin too another level?

I know there is probably no quick way to get fight fit, but what do you think is the best type of exercises to get fight fit, condition stuff like burpee's.... or sprints an stuff like that??. I do loads of sparrin an rollin and can train for hours, but soon as you step in there you feel tired after a few minutes, just wondering what type of trainin or exercises pro fighters to to have top conditionin

pace yourself and diet properly

Training tends to be at 80% full throttle, fighting is at 100% from the off is your problem.
    Try training with much bigger/more experienced guys if you do not already, this will help.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

I'm by no means a pro, but heres my suggestion

get a willing partner

shin pads, head guard, and mma sparring gloves on and do 5 x 5 minute rounds, full power, if anyone gets the sub, 20 seconds rest, then keep going

I do this once a week with a couple of the guys in my gym, it really helps me a lot, it helps you get used to fighting, and if your injured or anything gets too much for you, you could always stop

I'll never fight 5 X 5 minute rounds, but by training this way, it means that I am used to the situation
    Last edited by Romeoblood; 22-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Dinky Ninja
    Paul McVeigh
    Pro Fighter

There's a component to conditioning that's often overlooked and goes beyond physiology. I suppose you can call it composure. When sparring gets heavy there's a tendency to get emotional and flustered that's when well conditioned guys get tired.

Spar as close to competition intensity as safely possible and stay composed, comes with experience.
    MMA Strength, Conditioning and Awesomeness Blog- UPDATED 8/2/11 Random Musings prior to actual content http://maccavelli.wordpress.com/

Full power with mma sparring gloves on?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    I'm by no means a pro, but heres my suggestion

get a willing partner

shin pads, head guard, and mma sparring gloves on and do 5 x 5 minute rounds, full power, if anyone gets the sub, 20 seconds rest, then keep going

I do this once a week with a couple of the guys in my gym, it really helps me a lot, it helps you get used to fighting, and if your injured or anything gets too much for you, you could always stop

I'll never fight 5 X 5 minute rounds, but by training this way, it means that I am used to the situation

3-5 x 5 min rounds with shins, head guard, 14-16oz gloves. Fresh man every minute or so.

Fair enough it's harder to get subs etc but if it's conditioning you want to focus on it won't be a problem, theres much less chance of KO's if you spar full power with 16's than having the mma sparring gloves on.

Paul hit the nail on the head, I've seen many lads way fitter than myself fatigue way too soon from being super tense and flinchy, holding their breath etc..

lots of wrestling sparring

wrestling class fucking kills me

personally i think its best to do a mix of cardio workouts, boxing/mma specific workouts and weights sessions. do them on different days obviously. for specific exercises try doing bodyweight exercises for strength - pull ups, dips and press ups, for endurance, try skipping for as long as you can, or if you cant skip, go for a short run every day

find out where your nearest altitude chambers are. they are the key speeds up recovery works your muscles 3 times harder so 3 times the benefits etc. strength and conditioning coaches are a must as well in my opinion we are in 2011 now and people still train the same way as 20 years ago to get fit it baffles me theres far easyer ways. that being said theres a million and 1 wats to get fit but thats the best wsy in my opinion