Thread: Best way to keep weight on and not undercut for a fight

Default Best way to keep weight on and not undercut for a fight

I am currently fighting at 70kgs and weigh 73-74 usually. As soon as I start a training camp and do loads of cardio I find that I weigh 70kgs without havin to cut water or really that much carbs.

At the start of the year I would've struggled to get to 70 as I walked around at 77kg. I dont really do any weights at the minute as I cant fit it in around work and the training I currently do, although I was doing some at the start of the year. Dunno if this wouldve made much difference?

My next fight is day before weigh in and the guy im fighting is coming down from welter so im guessin if he cuts properly he'll be bigger on the day. Anyone any ideas how I can keep weight on until I have to cut?

Quote Originally Posted by nagirrocmail View Post
    I am currently fighting at 70kgs and weigh 73-74 usually. As soon as I start a training camp and do loads of cardio I find that I weigh 70kgs without havin to cut water or really that much carbs.

At the start of the year I would've struggled to get to 70 as I walked around at 77kg. I dont really do any weights at the minute as I cant fit it in around work and the training I currently do, although I was doing some at the start of the year. Dunno if this wouldve made much difference?

My next fight is day before weigh in and the guy im fighting is coming down from welter so im guessin if he cuts properly he'll be bigger on the day. Anyone any ideas how I can keep weight on until I have to cut?
    if your 70-72 kgs ccoming down for a day before weighing, your in the wrong weight class!

you should really be fighting 68 or lower!

most fighters day before weigh cut a considerable amount of water weight, i think your going to find that your opponent is going to be substantialy bigger than you!

consider a lower weight class!

if u can get a trial cut in, try getting to 66kg

70-66 is relatively easy water cut with a day before weigh in,, albolene/sweet sweat, sauna, lil warm up . job done
    it is hard mentally but u do it the 1st time outta the fight and it'll make u relax more into it

if you dont allready get good weigh protien and mass gainer
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0