Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feuds in UK MMA

Hybrid View

Default Feuds in UK MMA

I've been involved in MMA since Autumn 2003 but have got a little out of touch with who's who etc since I stopped training about 3 years ago; so can someone explain to me why there are so many feuds in UK MMA

Just off the top of my head we have:
    The world and his wife sniping at Knuckleup
    The Extreme Brawl dispute (which arguably is an exceptional case except that other people who don't necessarily know the full facts are commenting on it)
    The recent scepticism about BAMMA and their intentions
    Assorted disputes between former close associates that have popped up here over the last 12 months either as threads in themselves or as barbed comments in other threads

It all seems a long way from where it all started as a world where everyone got along with each other and found it a refreshing change from the politics of traditional martial arts (TMA).

The TMA world of senseis who wouldn't let you darken their door again if yoiu trained with someonel else, endless splitting and sub-splitting of establsihed organisations seems trivial in comparison.

Could it be the same old problem but with higher stakes: Too many people wanting to make a full-time living out of something where the market just isn't big enough to sustain them all; or is somethign else going on?
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

I just typed some 'War & Peace'esque diatribe about the nature of people often involved in the sport and the problems with Forum based debate (i.e would you say the same things face to face?) but have deleted it as I can't be dicked to get into a debate about it
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    I just typed some 'War & Peace'esque diatribe about the nature of people often involved in the sport and the problems with Forum based debate (i.e would you say the same things face to face?) but have deleted it as I can't be dicked to get into a debate about it
    LOL. I know what you mean. If i was still training I'd just ask the guys who were on the fight circuit. I have a hypothesis that any forum will reach a point where there are such a high number of regular posters that rational debate on the least emotive topic imaginable becomes impossible. I also have a second hypothesis that when that point has been reached, recovery is impossible even if the number of regular posters drops again

PS. You have a PM
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Everyone who God don't like is a cunt. Pretty simple really.
    God is sponsered by SBMMA.co.uk. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    Everyone who God don't like is a cunt. Pretty simple really.
    you and sledge are the only two that use the C word on this forum
    MMA FIGHTER MANAGEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by UKMMA1 View Post
    God thinks nice work Columbo but wide of the mark. God has seen many people use the manly word cunt.
    God is sponsered by SBMMA.co.uk. For real.

For me the best ones were the 2 feuds (ok arguments) that actually ended in fights:

De Souza vs Atalla (FCFN 1)
    Darrin Richardson vs Andy Foreman ("took it outside" at an FX3 event)

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    For me the best ones were the 2 feuds (ok arguments) that actually ended in fights:

De Souza vs Atalla (FCFN 1)
    what were the arguements about

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    Ha ha I remember that, not sure they 'took it outside', I thought Andy steam-rollered him in the foyer ?

I recall thinking it was quite disrespectful to the James Bros'
    Last edited by TheUnfitOne; 19-12-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKMMA1 View Post

I use cunt too
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA