Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feuds in UK MMA

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    I. I'm sure it was over Roberto claiming Alex got his Black Belt on the plane over to the Uk or summat. Whatever started it it was a great fight.
    I've heard of duty free allowances but that's the first time I've heard of effort free allowances
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    I posted on the 'MMA Memories' thread about the Atalla/ De Souza fight. Great memories of myself and Hywel Teague stood up as we commentated in possibly the best atmosphere anywhere ever!! lol. I'm sure it was over Roberto claiming Alex got his Black Belt on the plane over to the Uk or summat. Whatever started it it was a great fight..
    as i recall roberto said that if you could earn bjj from a black belt (such as him) then it would be a waste to learn from a lower belt (like alex). i'm not sure he was specifically talking about alex in his original post but it escalated from there.

Are some people wearing rose tinted glasses here especially about how friendly Cage Rage & Cage Warriors were, as I recall Bisping was forced to give up his cage rage title because of his link to cage warriors.

The reason it is so much worse now though is simple, money.
    Fighters slag off fighters who are a threat to their spot. Promoters slag off others & if MMA continues to grow & more money becomes available in the sport it will only get worse.

boxingbrit

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    Are some people wearing rose tinted glasses here especially about how friendly Cage Rage & Cage Warriors were, as I recall Bisping was forced to give up his cage rage title because of his link to cage warriors.
    Yeah but that was after the fall out. Until the Cage getting stolen incident and Cage Rage getting sponsored by Pole Position things were very friendly. Both would be sat at the top table of the other promotion. Even at the Octagon CW events i have a pic of us all sat round the table. Myself, most of the Cartel guys, DoD and his missus, Eddie Bravo etc.

as I recall Bisping was forced to give up his cage rage title because of his link to cage warriors.
    God thinks your recall is a little off. God remembers that Mike was stripped because of a disagreement between Cage Rage management and Wolfsair. It had nothing to do with CW.
    God is sponsered by SBMMA.co.uk. For real.

From what Ive seen its a simple lack of people behaving proffessionally.

Many promoters that put on great shows but act like babys when something doesnt go
    there way or something is said that they dont like.

The reason it is so much worse now though is simple, money.
    That about sums it up but I'd say that more specifically it's that there's more people trying to take money out of the sport than there are people putting it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    That about sums it up but I'd say that more specifically it's that there's more people trying to take money out of the sport than there are people putting it in.
    really sums up the uk scene I think

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sho View Post
    as i recall roberto said that if you could earn bjj from a black belt (such as him) then it would be a waste to learn from a lower belt (like alex). i'm not sure he was specifically talking about alex in his original post but it escalated from there.
    as i recall he suggested non black belts should move out of London to give him first pick on the students

Ross

LOL @ anyone thinking there was less rivals/ rivalry back in the day.