Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJJ for the olympics in RIO

Default BJJ for the olympics in RIO

been discussed before and no, it's a stupid idea anyway
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Nah, fuck the Olympics! In terms of corruption they make FIFA look like choirboys. They ruined Judo, they'd do the same with BJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Starfighter View Post
    Nah, fuck the Olympics! In terms of corruption they make FIFA look like choirboys. They ruined Judo, they'd do the same with BJJ.
    couldn't of said it better, they would start implying rules then insurence then you'd have to be registered and shit. no thanks i like the close network that BJJ is. in my opinion anyway.
    "Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"

It would never happen. They are trying to cut sports as it is, and certainly wouldn't add a new one with such a limited geographic spread of participants.

Why do the people who post this thread all the time not do a bit of reading and realise all sports are already agreed for the next 3 (I think) Olympics and there are no demo sports anymore.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

do some searches there are a couple of articles as to why it wont make it. It doesnt deserve to anyway.

having said that given there are 50,000 different variations of swimming discipline, they should extend wrestling to have sub grappling as a third style, much easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Why do the people who post this thread all the time not do a bit of reading and realise all sports are already agreed for the next 3 (I think) Olympics and there are no demo sports anymore.
    this. Also isn't one of the main criteria that one country can't be dominant which rules it out anyway as the brazilians would clean up.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

I vote for NO GI in the X GAMES.Far more entertaining and viable IMO.