Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd BJJ Scottish Open - 20th of Feb 2011 - Register Here

Quote Originally Posted by thai-jitsu View Post
    Thought there would be much more discussion going on in here re: this event.

Since getting the gi on a couple weeks back ive been looking forward to this, whos planning on signing up?
    The organisers aren't exactly pushing this thread, nor have they put up the weight categories despite someone previously asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_D View Post
    The organisers aren't exactly pushing this thread, nor have they put up the weight categories despite someone previously asking.
    I agree. Organiser should post up info in the Scotland section, maybe get more people talking bout it. Last ones Facebook page looked like it done well so hopefully get a good turnout at this too.

Even their web site does not explicitly state the weight categories, just their titles. I know you can google them but it would be more helpful to have them there for reference.

Yeah it would be good to have a list of the cats etc. hopefully bring a group of cometitors through to this

I know Gus is or was in Portugal for the Euro's so maybe he's not seen it, hope this helps guys (btw just being good samaritan here, I've got nothing to do with the event so can't answer any other questions): -
    Weights are as follows and all with the gi on: -
    Male (Adult, Masters & Seniors) -57,5 kg/ -64,0 kg/ - 70,0 kg/ -76,0 kg/ -82,3 kg/ -88,3 kg/ -94,3 kg/ -100,5 kg/ + 100,5 kg
    Female (Adult, Masters & Seniors) -53,5 kg/ - 58,5 kg/ - 64,0 kg/ - 69,0 kg/ + 69,0 kg
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

Does anyone know what time this event will open?

Also does anyone know if weigh ins are on arrival, or as you step on the mat for your first fight?

Cheers!

Centre opens at 7:30, last year weigh-ins were held first but no idea if it's the same this year or prior to stepping on the mat

Do you think thats when it starts, or is 9 ish more likely?

9ish is definetly more likely, competitors heading through from the likes of Glasgow on the train wont get there much earlier than 9am for starters

I hope so, ive got a 2 and a half hour drive, so i dont fancy getting up at 5am!