Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xmass Prezzies!!

Andre Galvao's Drill to win & Jeremy Lazarus Ahead of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Nenki View Post
    Andre Galvao's Drill to win & Jeremy Lazarus Ahead of the game
    What is the Galvao book like? I like the concept but I havn't found much detail on the actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    What is the Galvao book like? I like the concept but I havn't found much detail on the actual content.
    Content is great. Its set out into a years schedule worth of drills, split into monthly categories which are further split into weekly & daily drills. Images and layout are good and easy to follow. It is just drills however, there are no techniques shown. The drills themselves are awesome and all relevant to improving your BJJ. I think if the book is followed as intended your BJJ will improve remarkably. I would definitley recommend it.

Not strictly bjj but got some fumetsu knee pads which are a nice lil luxury when rolling etc. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_S View Post
    Not strictly bjj but got some fumetsu knee pads which are a nice lil luxury when rolling etc. Lol.
    I got a pair too! great quality!
    The Griphouse

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    guerrilla jiu jitsu - book by dave camerillo
    Really good that dude. Lots of cool Judo stuff that I can't do.

On a different note, I'm not really feeling the Galvao book.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post

On a different note, I'm not really feeling the Galvao book.
    I agree about the Galvao book. I like a lot of the drills but haven't really got the space to do them - no mats at home and I can't turn up to class early and do my own stuff...
    Also, don't get the concept - why do a drill etc for a week and then not bother with it for the next 52 weeks? Great book if you've access to mat space / training partners and can structure your own training sessions but hard to make good use of otherwise.

On the subject of books, I bought The Cauliflower Chronicles and it arrived just before xmas - very good read, won't make your jiu jitsu better but is very well-written as a combination of a journey of self-discovery / Hawaii travelogue / BJJ training account. Recommended.

Jiu Jitsu University is the best book I bought this year and possibly the best BJJ book I own (although I'm liking my copy of the Gracie Way more and more now I know what it's worth second hand!).

Fighting Films Master Gi - looks like a beast next to my puny BJJ Gis, grrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post

i'll try not to put it on the shelf and not read it, like i do with all the others then...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.