Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lineage Question for BJJ Geeks/Black Belts

Hey, you're talking about one of my ex-instructors. That's two good years of my life you're mocking there. @_@

^_^
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Lol same here! Don't make me have to break out my Wing Chun!

James

Ollie,James WTF??

At least you could have gone to Kevin Chan if you really wanted to learn Wing Chun.

BTW,Wing Chun,if taught properly, can be effective,especially if mixed with BJJ.

BUT NOT AS EFFECTIVE AS MUAY THAI ................LOL.

And what that donut teaches is not Wing Chun as i'm sure you know.LOL
    Perhaps Stalkachu should go and take revenge for the years wasted and Gracie Challenge his ass.

And Ollie WTF were you doing in North London? I thought you were a Surrey boy??

There are an awful awful lot of BJJers who are ex-Chunners. They are just too ashamed to admit it. @_@

Did you train with Sid or Andrew? I trained with Andrew when I was at uni at Imperial. Was even a junior instructor there for a little while. >_<

My favorite Andrew line was he would always refer to the 'linear lines' of Wing Chun. And he also ended up telling a chinese student that they didn't understand the meaning of the word chi. Because of his extensive knowledge of the language, of course. @_@

Trained with Sid (though I think he only ever taught me twice - rest of the time it was the other instructors). Started when I was 18 back in 1996. Trained for a year then moved away for uni, but moved back home after the first term so restarted and lasted 6 months before I realised how much bullshit was going on. In fact it was being expected to go fly posting around Tottenham at 11.30pm that made up my mind. Did it once and I quit training there straight after that. Told them I was moving away again to avoid having to deal with the constant phone calls. I was going for my 3rd scroll (!) by that time, so had now moved up into the advanced class that Sid taught himself.

James

Oh, and I remember when I was going for my 3rd Rank (I think) grading, I failed the grading by a point and a half so he graciously allowed me to pay him for a one hour private class on what I would need to improve, then pay to retake the grading, which I passed by eight points. Amazing what forty minutes before a twenty minute exam can do. @_@

Did Andrew have you clean the dojo after class like Sid did with us? Mop the floors, polish the mirrors, hoover, dust the wooden dummies...

James

No, but he had us all come in and paint it when he was refurbing it. I've never been much of a painter, but I did a whole day's work. Didn't get much actual painting done, but it's quite hard to paint a wall with a wooden dummy rack on it without getting any paint on the wooden dummy and without moving the rack. >_<

If you want, I can dig up a grading DVD that I bought (for 20, I think) and get some clips off that? Six on one attacks! AND GRAPPLING! Seriously! With armbars and everything.

And for those BJJ entrepreneurs out there...grading DVDs, sold to people who can't make it! That way you can charge for the grading TWICE!

Cha-ching!

Ahem.

Take care,

Oli