Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lineage Question for BJJ Geeks/Black Belts

boxingbrit

Jeet Kune Do schools often have direct lineage to Bruce Lee too i think

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkachu View Post
    Is his name Sid Sofos, perchance?
    Certainly is! Had the dubious pleasure of training with him then?

James

Sid Sofos... that name ringed a bell, then I remembered LOLing over his vids a few years back! He is another level of madness! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

This below is real talk though.

There is a real Instructor/Student relationship where someone mentors your development and helps you personally through sticking points and low points and shares your successes with you.

And when it is time to be awarded a belt,you know exactly who is awarding you that belt as it is tied around your waist.

This is why i love BJJ,but it is also why the ronin/creonte types find it absurd.
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Seems he's quite well known!!! Loads to be found with just a few clicks. One day we will all be rid of these types...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIv06JqVZc

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

boxingbrit

Tha guy is obviously taking the piss though?

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Tha guy is obviously taking the piss though?
    Nope. The vid's a pisstake, but the guy featured in it is completely serious.

James

that man is cock,no?

This thread has well and truly been hijacked, but this Sid Sofos character - fucking hell, he sounds like a raving loon!

http://www.detoxorcist.com/cults-sid-sofos-andrew.html

His students could teach Drogba & co an advanced class on diving..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2vQVMiujY

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    This thread has well and truly been hijacked, but this Sid Sofos character - fucking hell, he sounds like a raving loon!

http://www.detoxorcist.com/cults-sid-sofos-andrew.html
    Right,that link is one of the funniest things i've ever read in 33 years of Martial Arts.

I cannot believe it,i am literally laughing out loud.

I must remember to tell students at gradings "I am a Shaolin Monk" LOL.

Here is a taster for anyone wondering whether to read the link-

Sid became addicted to Cocaine during the late 90s, and because he liked it so much, forced his instructors to snort it as well. One of his senior instructors, Geoff, was a Coke dealer at the time. Not before he joined the academy, but during, because he was a bit of a wheeler and dealer and felt he was physically hard enough to look after himself and any trouble. It is likely he introduced Sid and others to coke use. During one of the senior instructor classes, attended presumably by Andrew and his instructors, Sid and some of his instructors forced a young teenage senior student to take coke, even though he didn't want to, and he subsequently became a coke addict for a number of years, luckily kicking the habit eventually. This has been verified by a reliable source to me, although at least more than senior instructor was not present during this event and had no knowledge of it taking place. Sid had made a big deal about shielding the young student from the coke usage, as if it made him a moral person. But what was Sid doing snorting coke in the first place if it was a corrupting influence on a youngster? Was Sid a good role model, setting a good example? Ironically, when he finally left the school, he was reputed to have stolen Sid's coke stash (to punish Sid and flush it down the toilet, sell it on or use it himself?)