Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else go to training straight from work?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    off topic,but whats happening with Karl Tanswell?

is he still training??
    I actually spoke to Karl the other day and he's back in the UK and still doing a bit. Hope to be able to catch up with him soon as he's an awesome coach. Don't know about any plans for another gym though.

I don't know how you guys do it. I've done it a couple of times but I really can't function if I don't have food, a poo, and a shower before training.

It is difficult. I too would prefer to be able to go home, have a bite to eat, a poo and a shower at my leisure before going to train.

Sadly I have to be up early for work and I never sleep well after going to a late class as I don't have enough time to wind down before bed. So the only option is to go to the earlier class straight from work. Then at least I have enough time to get home, eat dinner and wind down so that I'll be tired enough to get a decent nights sleep.

Straight to training from work. Have a snack about 4.30, finish work at 5.30 and can just make it to training for 6. No need for a shower as I don't do a physical job. After training 1 or 2 hours I go back to work for a shower as I don't like to stink the car up on the 1 hour drive home. I'll have a shake or something in the car then a proper meal when I get home. 9.30 is later than I would like to be eating but I can't work out a better routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    off topic,but whats happening with Karl Tanswell?

is he still training??
    He's still around. He spent abit of time travelling doing seminars but nothing much more to be honest. Shame. Top coach.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inchPonch View Post
    Straight to training from work. Have a snack about 4.30, finish work at 5.30 and can just make it to training for 6. No need for a shower as I don't do a physical job. After training 1 or 2 hours I go back to work for a shower as I don't like to stink the car up on the 1 hour drive home. I'll have a shake or something in the car then a proper meal when I get home. 9.30 is later than I would like to be eating but I can't work out a better routine.
    1hour drive home? Cant you just shower at the gym and then head home?