Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Films to Recommend Thread

a prophet - epic french gangster movie
    fishtank - good british social realism film
    in the name of the father - true story about the IRA - amazing film
    midnight express - true story about turkish prisons

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    2 more

K-pax - kevin spacey film, just as good as the book.

Wow, I thought I was the only person alive who liked this film! Everyone I know seems to hate it lol.

I'll add some to the list:

Anvil: The Story of Anvil - Documentary about an old skool metal band from the 70s/80s who got overtaken by their peers but never gave up.

Dead Man's Shoes - Everyone should see this film....absolutely incredible. In fact, add all of Shane Meadows' films to the list.

Zombieland - Decent comedy starring Woody Harrellson. Has an awesome cameo in it from someone rather famous too (won't spoil it if you haven't seen it).

Hot Rod - Another comedy in that geeky Napoleon Dynamite kinda style.

Pusher Trilogy - Gangster/drug-related films from Denmark. The first two are the best, third is good but has the most anti-climatic ending ever.

Unbreakable - I know M. Night Shyamalanamanalanaman gets a bad rap, but he has done some solid films.....this being one of the best imo.

Once Were Warriors - Kiwi film about a family torn up by an abusive father.

Let The Right One In - Swedish vampire film. They recently did a yank remake, but it's usually safer to stick with the originals.

The Road - Incredibly powerful story about a father & son.

Threads - Not strictly a film, but an old tv special from the 80s about the aftermath of a fictional nuclear bomb dropped on us by the Russians. Still dark today, must've seriously freaked people out in the mid 80s lol
    Last edited by purist; 11-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.

1- Dead mans shoes - pretty gritty def worth watching
    2- Into the wild - enjoyable
    3- 300 - violence fix!
    4- Goonies - classic

Just watched Takers, pretty solid film nothing fantastic about it but if your looking for something to watch Id give it a try. Good cast aswell, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, T.I and Matt Dillon all starring in it

Quote Originally Posted by No surrender View Post
    2- Into the wild - enjoyable
    Saw this a few years ago, was just something about it - really enjoyed it though!

Quote Originally Posted by karlsw1 View Post
    Just watched Takers, pretty solid film nothing fantastic about it but if your looking for something to watch Id give it a try. Good cast aswell, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, T.I and Matt Dillon all starring in it
    It was an OK film but I would hardly call that a good cast! A couple of good actors and a load of shit ones!

Moderator of Love <3

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    It was an OK film but I would hardly call that a good cast! A couple of good actors and a load of shit ones!
    Lots of famous people means a good cast nowadays.....

If the queen did a movie herself would be watched by overly many people same with people like obama.. The more famous people are.. the better actors they are lolwut.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    paul walker, idris elba, matt dillon were all good in it, chris brown wernt to bad either. Must admit T.I. was rather poor

just a few i've seen recently

Splice, proper sci-fi looking more at the morals of it all and quite twisted in places actually really enjoyed this very different than what i thought it would be.
    Scott pilgrim vs the world, any one who was born in the 80's should watch this
    How to train your dragon, yes it's a kids film but funny as hell
    Sherk forever after, just cool
    the loosers, action film, worth wasting 90 minutes on.
    Page

"Bearing down upon a path we chose
    Chosen from the start to live different rules"

Rob Flynn

oh crap and what ever the film with denzel washington and gary oldman is set in a post apocalyptic future, can't remember the damn name.

And stay well away from skyline, b movie fodder that some how got an awesome release, it's not even bad enough to be good
    Page

"Bearing down upon a path we chose
    Chosen from the start to live different rules"

Rob Flynn