Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Films to Recommend Thread

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    what becomes of the broken hearted (sequel to once were warriors)
    This was OK but not as good as the origional. Bit slow at the beginning.

I'm just about to go into Boondock Saints and poolhall junkies

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post
    I saw the devil, quality korean film.
    Just got done watching this, good film, very strange though, I expected the guy to do something more painful and gruesome at the end and it left me a little confused lol. Some parts were funny even if very bloody and violent, the cab driver part is one of them moments lol.

Poolhall junkies = OK. Some piss poor acting at times but was fun to see a pre Smallville Lex Luthor with hair.

Boon Dock Saints = Just slotted into my fave movies of all time. Loved it. Thanks for the recco.

Poolhall Junkies suffered from not having enough Walken, an amateur mistake. The shittiest actor was the guy playing the lead role (who was also the director).

Boondock is quality but like Once Were Warriors, the sequel is a slight let down.

I saw the Devil was a little disappointing. There was lots of hype (mainly due to Choi Min-Sik making his comeback) but it lacked substance. It was just a bit silly. Great acting though.

Talking of Korean films, you should check out Mother.

Also, watch a Takeshii Miike film called Gozu! You will never be the same again.

I watched 'The Fighter' at the weekend. Good film. A tad slow going but all in all, a good film. Once you've watched it, check out the bonus footage. You get to find out how committed Mark Wahlberg was to getting into Character. You can see why Christian Bale got an Oscar for best supporting actor. Both class actors but Christian Bale was very good.
    'STAND FAST'

Ross

Tucker and Dale VS Evil - i thought this was great, a very different take on horror movies.

The Fighter was slightly overrated. Bale was a litle hammy (IMO) and it wasn't anywhere near one of his best performances.

Gozu is awesome ! I've just got hold of Hana bi so will be giving that a watch tomorrow.

Manhunter
    Requiem for a Dream
    Amores Perros
    Y Tu Mama Tambien
    Bully
    Magnolia
    Legally Blonde 2...