Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Films to Recommend Thread

thought PAUL was a laugh!
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Red State - really solid film about fundamentalists in America, doesn't do the cheesy hollywood style and is quite harsh and gritty, Kevin Smiths first serious film as well, still has some dialougue heavy moments but without the college humour of his other films, worth a watch to be fair.

Tron Legacy - saw this the other week, s'ok, flashy, looks nice in HD, film itself is a bit meh, but passed a couple of hours and wasn't awful is about as much as I can say.

Thor - best superhero movie I have seen in ages, funny, fast action pace and looks fantastic. Mate of mine in work thought it sucked though so it seems a love it or hate it film. Personally, would recommend it for a saturday night, few beers n some popcorn with the missus type film.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Amores Perros in my shit spanish sounds like Lover of dogs. I won't be watching that you dirty bastards.
    Apparently it translates as 'Love's a Bitch', so you're sort of right

There are some dogs in it though (nothing kinky, however)

The Skin I live in.

Saw this with the Mrs. This dude wrongly kidnaps a dude he thinks raped his daughter then forces him to have a sex change then ends up banging him before it all goes tits up (Literally). - Its actually good but be warned - its uncomfortable Spanish waffle

Tucker and Dale vs Evil - superb horror comedy, spin on the usual crazy rednecks in the woods killing college kids. Brilliant at times, the scene with the chainsaw and running through the woods had me creased.

Watched Horrible bosses today.Not bad.
    Strictly Conscious Business Everytime.

Last week watched La Horde - french zombie horror in a tower block - ok, amusing at times, not very scary but worth a watch if you like the ole zombies - better than anything Romero has done lately.

Attack the Block - not bad, funny in parts, but plays some of it a bit serious and couldn't take to the main characters - portrayed as chavvy thugs then heroe's - just didnt fit right, but overall worth a watch, quite entertaining to be fair.

Ross

Watched that horrible bosses last night after the above recommendation, it was ok and pretty funny in parts.

Got "The Dead" to watch later zombie film set in africa with old school slow moving zombies.

Also got "Blitz" jason stratham movie dont know anything about it

Watched Devil's Playground last night.
    uk zombie horror. a medical companies nation wide testing ends up infecting everyone who go on a rampage and spread the disease then it's about a few different survivors making their way through london and its suburbs, thought it was good, but i like zombie flicks. more 28 days later style faster zombies. has danny dyer and a few others in it, sean pertwee makes an appearance.
    better than most american efforts i thought.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    Watched Devil's Playground last night.
    uk zombie horror. a medical companies nation wide testing ends up infecting everyone who go on a rampage and spread the disease then it's about a few different survivors making their way through london and its suburbs, thought it was good, but i like zombie flicks. more 28 days later style faster zombies. has danny dyer and a few others in it, sean pertwee makes an appearance.
    better than most american efforts i thought.
    Oooooo sounds right up my alley, will d/l when I get home
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore