Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Films to Recommend Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post
    Gozu is awesome ! I've just got hold of Hana bi so will be giving that a watch tomorrow.
    I will NEVER forget the ending of Gozu. It is even better than the ending of Dead or Alive!

Hana Bi is such an amazing film. Beat Takeshi is an absolute legend.

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Can't be bothered to go through the entire thread but I would strongly recommend MESRINE. Fantastic film, all be it subtitled as its a French movie but very very good.
    Meh...........

Gonna watch Tropa de Elite II later, or tomorrow, in the hope that it's as good as the first. I shall post back with comments then!
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Ross

Am gonna watch 'Fanboys' (2008) tonight

Tropa De Elite II was top notch. I also watched Sympathy for Lady Vengeance: Fade to Black & White version, which was also fantastic. I can confidently recommend both of them.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Quote Originally Posted by K4SH View Post
    in the name of the father - true story about the IRA - amazing film
    Just watched this and it is awesome. A must see.

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Just watched this and it is awesome. A must see.
    1 of my favourite films of all time.
    Meh...........

Got the day off and I am going to spend it wisely - watching Seven Samurai for the 50th time!

If any of you haven't watched it, I HIGHLY recommend it. The remake is good (Magnificient Seven) but the original makes it look like a Uwe Boll film.

watched IP Man on my mate's insistance the other day, quite enjoyed it

Ip Man 2 is quite good as well. Still, I prefer SPL and Flash Point for Donnie Yen films. Flash Point is my favourite, it is the only film using MMA that doesn't make me want to remove my eyes with an ice cream scoop.