Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Films to Recommend Thread

I would like to recommend a walk to remember..A real emotional romantic movie!

a wank to remember?
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"

Tropa de Elite II was fucking epic. Better than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Tropa de Elite II was fucking epic. Better than the first.
    This will be in the cinemas soon - but limited release. Revolver have the film - check for it to be at Picture House cinemas - trust me mate I gonna watch it again on the big screen!

reading back over a few pages, agree about the main actor in poolhall junkies, the acting was poor, but thought the story was good enough to get over it (usually poor acting sees me turn it straight off, but i really enjoy it whenever i watch it still).

couple i watched on the plane and would recommend are 'The Fighter' which i've already seen mentioned, i considered watching it a few times in the past but read bad things about it so thought against it, but i watched it this time and thought it was really good.
    also watched "Hall Pass", bit of a rom com which usually isn't my thing but i found it a bit of a light hearted laugh with some funny moments.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

on the recommendation of a few on here i watched in the name of the father last night, very good watch.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Caught most of Grown Ups the other evening, not bad, light easy comedy viewing. Also lately I have seen :

Hobo with a Shotgun - fucking mental film, still don't know if its utter shit or utter genius but its definately a film.

I am Number 4 - Twilight with aliens, no tits oot, bit pointless really.

Stake Land - enjoyed this the other night, towards the end it kinda loses it but first hour or so I really enjoyed, bit like Zombieland without the jokes, worth a look anyway.

Priest - bit shit, leave ya brain at the door and its ok mostly due to nice visuals but a bit average at best.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Hobo with a Shotgun - fucking mental film, still don't know if its utter shit or utter genius but its definately a film.
    I feel like I need to see this after this review.

Sledge, you do, don't blame me afterward though, me and my mate sat through it, both decided it was utter shit, then realised we had not stopped talking about it for about an hour after it ended... mental mental film, makes no sense really, The Plague - well , just well. Bumper Cars. Flame Throwers. 95882 galloons of blood. I cannot recommend it, but you need to see it!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Detailed Plot:
    A vigilante homeless man pulls into a new city and finds himself trapped in urban chaos, a city where crime rules and where the city's crime boss reigns. Seeing an urban landscape filled with armed robbers, corrupt cops, abused prostitutes and even a pedophile Santa, the Hobo goes about bringing justice to the city the best way he knows how - with a 20-gauge shotgun. Mayhem ensues when he tries to make things better for the future generation.

Sounds tremendous. I'm going to aquire it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHEAOrAdCU