Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else go to training straight from work?

Default Does anyone else go to training straight from work?

What's your routine? Do you get in a shower before training? Do you have a bite to eat first?

My work is sometimes rather physical and I tend to get a bit of the old Bobby Orange by the end of the day so a shower is mandatory. As is eating. I can't train if I haven't had something to eat although it has to be something plain like porridge or a flapjack.

I always shower or grab a bath before training. I usually have around half an hour after finishing work to get home and get sorted and rarely have time to eat, so make sure I have a late lunch to carry me through.
    "Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive."

I regularly go to training straight from work due to my job.

I shower when I get back home from training.

I never eat anything after 3pm latest in the afternoon when I'm training anyway, then immediately after a session, its either a protein shake mixed with a fruit smoothie (Like now, as I'm training for a comp) or a hot meal when I get home (if I'm not training for a comp)

So do you guys take your gi to work with you?

Yes and i've been turning up late for 10 years.

Sometimes for the last 15 minutes of sparring.

If your work schedule is tough you just have to turn up late.

My Instructors were always very understanding,and now i am an Instructor
    i am also understanding,

We are all adults and have lives.Unfortunately life sometimes gets in the way of training but i would much rather a student turned up late than missed training.

But,beware,you guys who hide in the toilets to avoid the warm up-I know who you are
    and in 2011 there will be 100 sprawls punishment.

A serious word of warning for everyone- If you turn up late make sure you still do an adequate warm up on your own,even if the class is just drilling techniques.Every serious BJJ injury i've had was because i missed the warm up and didn't warm myself up adequately.Letting someone in your guard to drill techniques without a warm up is a recipe for a serious groin strain that'll take months to recover from.

Simon

Yep, especially when I know its gonna be a long day, and regularly...

Yes, usually after a 6 hour shift in a job that isn't physically demanding. Whether coming from work or home I cycle to class, so not having a shower inbetween work and class isn't a big deal as I'm more likely to work up a sweat from the bike ride than from my job.

I always train straight after work. No shower though as my whole day is spent sat in front of a PC and training is a 10 minute walk away.

Food wise, I'll eat a banana and maybe a flapjack washed down with a coffee before training.

Here's a boring fact; before SBG closed in the city centre, I got a job round the corner just so I could get to training on time everyday. I was at that job for 2 years and changed jobs when the gym closed.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

my last job (of 3.5 years) let me get to the gym and hour before class started, we would roll No Gi for about an hour then go straight in to the Gi class, I could also get a lunchtime session in which was great. Surprisingly that business came to an end and I am now back in the rat race getting to the class pretty much before its starts and only twice a week. I get the odd session in at mine with mates No Gi and Gi but thats only because I am lucky enough to have a Gym at home.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    I always train straight after work. No shower though as my whole day is spent sat in front of a PC and training is a 10 minute walk away.

Food wise, I'll eat a banana and maybe a flapjack washed down with a coffee before training.

Here's a boring fact; before SBG closed in the city centre, I got a job round the corner just so I could get to training on time everyday. I was at that job for 2 years and changed jobs when the gym closed.
    off topic,but whats happening with Karl Tanswell?

is he still training??