Thread: Fedor/ Werdum escape

Hybrid View

Default Fedor/ Werdum escape

thought this would be best forum to ask in, watching the above fight at about 2:56 of vid, for fedor to escape the triangle/arm bar could he not just have tried stepping over werdum with his right left and twisting out of stacking werdum?

this is a top fligh MMA match up , with a guy who is one of the worlds most feared fighters taking on one of the worlds (i might put my neck on the block here) BJJ/MMA players ....

just think for a second the control Werdum has the pressure and tehcnique he has applied , think about Fedor looking to drop that heavy shot.. its not a bjj session, its MMA

this question can be asked about many fights that end with a submission , Silva and Sonnen , any fights with Genki sudo in where he goes for a flying triangle , "couldnt he just have side stepped then Genki would have would of landed on his arse " ? , if only it was all that simple

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    this is a top fligh MMA match up , with a guy who is one of the worlds most feared fighters taking on one of the worlds (i might put my neck on the block here) BJJ/MMA players ....

just think for a second the control Werdum has the pressure and tehcnique he has applied , think about Fedor looking to drop that heavy shot.. its not a bjj session, its MMA

this question can be asked about many fights that end with a submission , Silva and Sonnen , any fights with Genki sudo in where he goes for a flying triangle , "couldnt he just have side stepped then Genki would have would of landed on his arse " ? , if only it was all that simple
    yeah i understand this but just interested if people think that would have been the option to go with to try and avoid the submission.

werdum went old skool armbar > triangle > armbar keep on it

Quote Originally Posted by gergus View Post
    werdum went old skool armbar > triangle > armbar keep on it
    Gregory!!!

Apparently it was the triangle that finished him. (that's what Braulio said).

Sometimes it's better to tap.

Mizuto Hirota is still out after having his arm broken by Aoki at last year's Dynamite.

From the looks of it, Fedor had been programmed to 'he's hurt SMASH SMASH SMASH' right up until the point he was tapping.

This is a good video on it:

If Werdum has a triangle armbar locked up on you I'm pretty sure it's not that easy just to step over and get out. Do you know how good he is?

Those guys are well funny!