Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best guard pass

Hybrid View

Default best guard pass

if you had to choose your 1 fav / most effective way to pass guard what would it be?

It depends on what the guy gives me to work with tbh, I'm a big fan of stacking passes if the guys trying high guard, triangle attacks etc which I combine with (not sure the correct name of it) a leg trapping pass of a low or butterfly guard
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    It depends on what the guy gives me to work with tbh, I'm a big fan of stacking passes if the guys trying high guard, triangle attacks etc which I combine with (not sure the correct name of it) a leg trapping pass of a low or butterfly guard
    Totally this. Stacking ftw.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

I love to break it down, go to half guard and attack from there. But my fave is a good old leg weave or flying shoulder toreador!
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by zefff View Post
    I love to break it down, go to half guard and attack from there. But my fave is a good old leg weave or flying shoulder toreador!
    do you have any links to these as cant seem to find anything on them

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    do you have any links to these as cant seem to find anything on them
    No sorry I dont have any links, ask your instructor about leg weave. Toreador is one of, if not the first you ever learn - search for bullfighter pass might work.
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Moderator of Love <3

I heard the hamster fist is the only guaranteed way to pass guard?

cross cutter or stuff to half guard and work from there.
    www.manchester-mma.com

It entirely depends on what my opponent is doing. I hate working too hard so I choose the easiest option for the given situation. The pass which I enjoy most is my back flip pass to north south. It's a nice one to catch out unsuspecting opponents / training partners and it looks cool.