Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best guard pass

bj penn pass to mount
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

A few people saying pass to half guard then work from there. Well, these days being in someone's half guard (if you're not punching) isn't exactly 'halfway past the guard' so I think that doesn't count!

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    A few people saying pass to half guard then work from there. Well, these days being in someone's half guard (if you're not punching) isn't exactly 'halfway past the guard' so I think that doesn't count!
    being in half guard is half way past being in full guard, no?
    top half guard is usually easier to pass than full guard, no? (assuming you have some kind of control against backtake/sweep)
    i don't get it, please elaborate...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Well, these days being in someone's half guard (if you're not punching) isn't exactly 'halfway past the guard' so I think that doesn't count!
    I think you're forgetting that you are half way to an awsome leglock

Quote Originally Posted by Darkne$s View Post
    I think you're forgetting that you are half way to an awsome leglock
    quoted for MF truth!!!!!!!!!!
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Personally...yes, being in half-guard has a good range of risks when you're on top. But the main difference between half and full is that most of those risks aren't submissions. Sure, you can get swept from half, but the odds of you getting submitted are much lower, which is why, given the choice, I'd rather be in someone's half guard than their full.

Just my $0.02,

Take care,

Oli
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    bj penn pass to mount
    I hear you david.

But i personally havesome difficult in setting this up. The only time that i can get to use this great pass is from standing when opponent attempt to scissior in an effort to stop you passing.

You care to give me some insight into the positions that you get it from?

Is there anything like a consensus as to what the simplest and most effective pass is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I hear you david.

But i personally havesome difficult in setting this up. The only time that i can get to use this great pass is from standing when opponent attempt to scissior in an effort to stop you passing.

You care to give me some insight into the positions that you get it from?
    get it from nearly all open guards. the difficulty is getting the legs where you want them, there are a number of ways to achieve this though. once there, keep them in position with upper body pressure and stay glued hips to hips
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkachu View Post
    Personally...yes, being in half-guard has a good range of risks when you're on top. But the main difference between half and full is that most of those risks aren't submissions. Sure, you can get swept from half, but the odds of you getting submitted are much lower, which is why, given the choice, I'd rather be in someone's half guard than their full.

Just my $0.02,

Take care,

Oli
    Agree with the above 100%
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition