Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best guard pass

My favourite way to pass guard is whatever works at the time.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

my favourite technique is to get my opponent to open guard for a moment - as soon as he does, i just grab his foot and sit back into an achillies lock - it's much easier than trying all that passing rubbish and if you spend all your time working on leg locks, then you'll never need to pass a guard anyway...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Moderator of Love <3

Quote Originally Posted by zefff View Post
    an inside joke??
    Don't you know of pauljono?!/!

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    my favourite technique is to get my opponent to open guard for a moment - as soon as he does, i just grab his foot and sit back into an achillies lock - it's much easier than trying all that passing rubbish and if you spend all your time working on leg locks, then you'll never need to pass a guard anyway...
    Its true, Mark doesn't bother trying to pass your guard.

He just lies in it................................................ ..for ages.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

I take great pleasure in trying to shove my knee up my opponents arse as far as possible.

The most hated Gaijin of all

Half guard with underhook, cross knee or straight to mount, both simple but both high percentage.

definitely going to practice leg locks more cause of this, decent idea

It is a cool idea, and has worked for me agaisnt white & blue belts. The only thing is experienced blues and above wont usually open their guard without solid grips like double sleeve or sleeve + collar control etc which kinda negates me being able to sit straight back into an achilles.

Similar to my fave... Rather than passing half guard I just spin round for a knee bar. Leglocks>passes.

Pin hips to the matt, one knee in arse and base back until the guard breaks. Then I like to get into their halfguard and go from that to mount.