Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fighter

Default The Fighter

A look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s.

I watched this movie last night. I thought it was a good watch especially if you are aware of the epic battles between Gatti vs Ward.

The Fighter
    The Bushido MMA Academy

Trying to master Tai Chi BJJ.

looks promising - Bale for the depth of character and Whalberg for the visual presence. I like the read through of the way it's presented. Gonna give it a try.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Moderator of Love <3

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/f...es-Games-Clips

Sections there for a reason bro

And it was very enjoyable, anyone needs to watch it I'm sure I could find somewhere online for them to do so

movies forum is a ghost town
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good.

I thought it was a good film, Bale was awesome in it.

The crackhead HBO documentry is on youtube for anyone thats interested. Its fucked up lol
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

A very good film.. a must see really for boxing fans, especially seeing as there aren't many or any films relating to boxing being made these days.

they'll be up for a good few awards of that i'm sure

GG

I wasn't so impressed personally...
    Film took BIG liberties with Ward's story and the fact that the trilogy with Gatti wasn't even in the film (apart from being mentioned a bit of typeface next to the end credits) seemed crazy to me
    B-A-K-A-S-U-R-V-I-V-O-R

Quote Originally Posted by mattyjudo View Post
    I wasn't so impressed personally...
    Film took BIG liberties with Ward's story and the fact that the trilogy with Gatti wasn't even in the film (apart from being mentioned a bit of typeface next to the end credits) seemed crazy to me

Yeah i agree. I mean What the fuck, his trilogy of fights with Gatti are what defined his career. Good film none the less, just expected more. Bale is one serious actor, he's done some mad weight cutting for his roles.

When is the film released at the cinema?
    2TUF2TAP