Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: club fees

Hybrid View

Default club fees

Will most clubs be keeping their fees as per the previous years. I only ask as obviously vat has gone up and still in middle of recession.I know some clubs have more classes at different times than others giving more flexibility to train and also some have more facilities which clearly needs to be reflected in the monthly fee, but do people think that a fee between 50 -80 is about the going rate for a club in london or in the suburbs. I know you cant put a price on good instruction, but just want to know peoples thoughts...

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

i am moving in 2 weeks to a bigger venue which will cost more to run and has cost me a packet to kit out the extra space, but my prices will stay the same

Quote Originally Posted by hammond View Post
    do people think that a fee between 50 -80 is about the going rate for a club in london or in the suburbs..
    yes, but it does depend on what you get for the money. e.g number of classes that you can actually get to, who the instructor is etc

our gym is 45 quid a month for 3 cardio sessions, 2 s & c sessions, a no gi class, a sambo class, 2 thai classes a fundamentals class and an open mat

prices are NOT going up this year
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    our gym is 45 quid a month for 3 cardio sessions, 2 s & c sessions, a no gi class, a sambo class, 2 thai classes a fundamentals class and an open mat

prices are NOT going up this year
    wow, that's a bargain compared to what I fork out each month. But then again I feel the instruction, experience and hours of mat time I ultimately get out of it make it well worth it.

I had a letter in come through the post saying my academy is putting its prices up 20% not much I can do as I have signed the contract. But am happy even though I dont see the head coach that much.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    wow, that's a bargain compared to what I fork out each month. But then again I feel the instruction, experience and hours of mat time I ultimately get out of it make it well worth it.
    to be honest with you its, as you said, down to the quality of coaching and how well the training fits your goals

I'm lucky in the fact that the coaches train the way I want to be trained, and would happily pay twice what they charge based on that fact
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

If you've signed a contract then surely the price you're paying was already set?

Apparently not :-/

That's a strange sounding contract then.