Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running/jogging

Default Running/jogging

My question is.... how far and how often?

Thanks

Until you cant see the smog.

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

Nice of you to notice where I am from... but was wondering what sort of distances do you guys run cus i never been much of a runner and dont know how miles a should be running. thanks

I do 3.5 miles at night 4/5 times a week, steady state.

I hate running could never find the motivation to actually get out there and do the extra miles required, I found the easiest way to make it tolerable was to have a target to work towards, for example a half marathon or like I did the great south run.

That way knocking out 3-5 miles suddenly doesnt seam like that much of a task and its a lot easier to get motivated.

I also run a route that gives me little or no option to cut out distance on the end, that way I either have to turn round and run back on myself or finish the route.

Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post
    Until you cant see the smog.

Stapes
    Ha ha ,that will be all the way to north yorkshire then
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"

Quote Originally Posted by Frankland View Post
    My question is.... how far and how often?

Thanks
    Not sure I understand the question. Are you just asking how far and how often everyone else runs? Or looking for information about how you can acheive your specific goals through running/jogging?

For example, to keep my weight down I jog for a couple of miles then walk for at least 8 miles twice a week and that works for me but without knowing your goals it's hard to comment.

Not a pro fighter by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Not sure I understand the question. Are you just asking how far and how often everyone else runs? Or looking for information about how you can acheive your specific goals through running/jogging?

For example, to keep my weight down I jog for a couple of miles then walk for at least 8 miles twice a week and that works for me but without knowing your goals it's hard to comment.

Not a pro fighter by the way.
    Sorry yes i could of been abit clearer. I was wanting to know how far how often other people run in order to help me try and set my own goals as i am fairly confident at the moment i run not as far as what i imagine others run. I need to lose about 3 or
    4kg by dieting and excercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankland View Post
    Sorry yes i could of been abit clearer. I was wanting to know how far how often other people run in order to help me try and set my own goals as i am fairly confident at the moment i run not as far as what i imagine others run. I need to lose about 3 or
    4kg by dieting and excercise.
    Just pace yourself and stick with it. Comparing other peoples runs will just muddy the water as everyone is different. It sounds like a cop out but just listen to your body and just because you dont see massive results straight away, dont get disheartened. Might be worth starting a training log where you can look at your progress over the weeks, that's the best way to see if you're improving.

I have always been told to go for a quick jog and then a brisk walk for fat burning. There are people that are very clued up on here but don't seem to be posting much any more. Hopefully, one of them will see this thread!

Thanks for your advice much appreciated!